Sr. Manager, Business Strategy & Operations
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly is the leader in personalized photo products and services, connecting you with family and friends by sharing your photos in creative and innovative ways. With this brand, our customers can create lasting keepsakes such as award-winning photo books, customized stationery for life’s biggest occasions, and unique home décor.
Shutterfly is seeking a highly motivated, quantitative, and action-oriented individual to conduct competitive analysis, define and drive pricing strategies, forecast revenue, develop and manage budgets, and analyze business performance.
The Sr. Manager, Business Strategy & Operations will have the unique opportunity to be a part of the General Management group, leading cross-functional teams including product management, merchandising, design and marketing to execute against the business plan. This role requires a strong and collaborative individual who is detail-oriented, capable of doing competitive analysis, pulling insights from data, translating these insights into actionable recommendations, and working cross-functionally to drive successful execution. This role will oversee the Prints, Groovebooks and Calendars businesses and support in developing new business models.
- Business Forecasting – work with FP&A in development of annual and quarterly revenue and unit forecasting for new products and categories.
- Performance Analysis – Analyze business performance and translate into insights and actionable recommendations. Provide ongoing and ad hoc analytical support.
- Pricing Analysis – Conduct competitive analysis, understand costs, promotional strategies and margin requirements to recommend prices for all new products.
- Market, Competitive and Customer Research and Analysis – Independently, and in partnership with our customer research team, perform various competitive/market/customer intelligence analyses, and identify and assess emerging trends and opportunities related to pricing, promotions, products, site content, customer service, operations, etc. Effectively communicate findings into actionable recommendations.
- BA/BS required with a strong quantitative / analytical background
- MBA preferred or 5-7 years equivalent work experience in Marketing, Merchandise Planning, Finance or Consulting.
- Excellent business acumen
- Passionately analytical and detail-oriented
- Ability to collaborate actively and effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment
- Proactive, energetic, motivated, dynamic, creative team player with results orientation
- Power user of Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in e-commerce and/or consumer goods a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Omniture or other web reporting and analytics tools a plus, but not required