At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
The Corporate Counsel position is a unique generalist opportunity with exposure to multiple practice areas, including commercial, corporate, IP, Real Estate and compliance. This key role works closely with business partners across the organization to provide practical and sound legal advice. The successful candidate will possess strong organizational skills, work ethic, initiative, and enjoy a fast-paced environment with multiple areas of responsibility. This role will report directly to an Assistant General Counsel. The position can be based near one of our corporate facilities in the Bay Area, CA; Eden Prairie, MN; Tempe, AZ; Fort Mill, SC or Durham, NC.
What You'll Do Here:
- Partner with business teams to review, negotiate and draft a variety of commercial agreements including procurement, supplier, license, software, real estate, strategic and other agreements.
- Administration and resolution of legal issues and contract interpretation matters that arise in existing commercial relationships.
- Support merger & acquisition activity across the organization.
- Participate in strategic projects, financings, transactions, and initiatives, as well as provide support in general corporate matters.
- Help manage IP portfolio.
- Help manage IP-based takedowns.
- Assist and support product teams in connection with the launch of new product.
- Work closely with departmental leadership to support business initiatives.
- Provide quick, concise, and practical legal advice consistent with Shutterfly’s business objectives.
- Assist with a wide variety of other matters that are part of the work of an in-house attorney and perform other duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring:
* More than 3 years of relevant legal experience, with some prior in-house experience and some experience at a top tier firm preferred
* J.D. from an accredited law school with an excellent academic record
* Member in good standing of state bar.
* Depending on where the position is located, travel to California may be required
* Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal/relationship-building skills, including the ability to communicate legal considerations to non-lawyers
* Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude
* Ability to adapt to multiple and changing demands and juggle different priorities
* Ability to influence and provide timely and effective legal and business advice, support and training at all organizational levels
* Strong analytical and organizational skills
* Good business judgment and sound decision-making
* Detail-oriented, thorough, and careful
* Self-starter with ability to project manage independently in a fast-paced environment and to and prioritize workflow
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.