Software Quality Engineer II
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly is the leader in personalized photo products and services, connecting you with family and friends by sharing your photos in creative and innovative ways. With this brand, our customers can create lasting keepsakes such as award-winning photo books, customized stationary for life’s biggest occasions, and unique home décor.
We are looking for a full-stack Software QA Engineer with a passion for product quality. You will be involved continuously in all aspects of integration testing for our e-commerce platform, coordinate testing activities with distributed QE teams and collaborate with multiple business and development units to clarify requirements scope, define testing priorities and support project delivery life cycle end to end. You will be responsible for driving testing activities of Shutterfly microservices infrastructure, maintaining and expanding existing automated test suites for backend and frontend applications and act as an intermediate layer between development and offshore QE teams.
- Provide testing expertise, driving software quality best practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross-functional business programs. Design and develop advanced test suites for web-based SPAs and AWS microservices.
- Develop and maintain backend integration tests for RESTful APIs using existing internal springboard/Java framework.
- Extend and maintain existing UI tests for automated regression test suites using internal Selenium/Java/JUnit framework.
- Design and execute test strategies for functional testing areas within all supported projects and to help improve overall quality and regression test coverage.
- Design and develop load tests using internal framework (Gatling/Scala/Springboard).
- Good knowledge of Web/UI/Service testing for client-server based applications.
- Define, implement, and maintain test plans, test specifications and test suites.
- Collaborate and lead regression testing activities with distributed QA teams.
- Work directly with agile software development teams to incorporate test strategies throughout the development process, participate in scrum meetings, provide partner testing support for cross functional engineering teams.
- Provide test result reports, facilitate bugs triage and issue prioritization with PM and dev teams.
- Utilize strong communication skills to work closely with the scrum teams and ensure project deliverables adhere to business requirements and industry standards.
- Work with downstream and upstream partner teams to ensure smooth and faster resolution
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, or 3+ years of related experience.
- Strong analytical, communication, problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Solid understanding of SDLC, software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Experience with shift-left testing approach and configuring CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins/DSL/Groovy scripting.
- Strong understanding of test automation fundamentals and related experience working with client-server architectures and automation
- Hands-on experience with REST API testing using Postman/other tools
- Hands-on experience with functional test automation using Selenium/Webdriver/Java/Maven frameworks
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, JSON, and source control Git/SVN/Perforce
- Working knowledge of test methodologies, processes, and tools (Selenium, RestAssured, JIRA, TestRail, Springboard, Scala/Gatling/JMeter, ).
- Knowledge of relational databases/SQL.
- Strong debugging skills using tools such as Splunk, APD, mPulse, SignalFX.
- Experience working with black box/grey box testing.
Nice to Have
- Experience with Performance Test, React JS, Docker, cloud and virtualization technologies such as AWS.