Front-End Leader- Personalization
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
At Shutterfly, our purpose is to share life’s joy by connecting people to what matters as the leading platform for personalized products.
Shutterfly’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users will purchase personalized products. We're looking for Leaders who bring fresh ideas from all areas.
Help develop the next-generation of Shutterfly smart product creation.
Our Haifa Engineering team is developing products across all Shutterfly stack, smarts widgets that will suggest personalized products to millions of users using their photos.
As an Team Lead to our team you will have responsibility over products that affect millions of users using the latest technology frontend stack and methodology.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate frontend Leader to lead our talented team. The role combines people, decision making and execution.
- Lead a team of Front-End development and quality assurance engineers
- Identify and implement software engineering best practices
- Provide feedback and guidance to direct reports
- Mentor and coach engineers with various experience levels-Experience with the latest web technologies such as React and ability to mentor and set guidance for a great User Experience and system design.
- Interface with other engineering teams and product managers to ensure projects are successful in both features and technically
- Perform functional decomposition of architecture requirements and processes into reusable shared services
- Propose ideas for design improvements and new components
- Respond quickly to critical issues.
Skills And Qualifications
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science
- 2+ year as Frontend Tech lead/Team leader.
- Knowledge of code architecture and design patterns
- Positive 'can-do' approach to spark enthusiasm.
- Experience with responsive web design, solid understanding of SOA (Service-oriented architecture)
- Excellent internal (how-it-works) understanding of one or more open source framework
- Passionate for providing technical guidance, applying best-practices and “making things better”
Bonus points for:
- Experience in cloud computing and/or AWS services
- Experience in backend languages like Node.JS
- Participated in an end-to-end big data and/or large-scale performance challenge
- Experience developing and working with RESTful web services and client-server architectures