Benefits Analyst II
At Shutterfly, we make life’s experiences unforgettable. We believe there is extraordinary power in the self-expression. That’s why our family of brands helps customers create products and capture moments that reflect who they uniquely are.
The Benefits Analyst is responsible for supporting the administration of employee benefits. Provides guidance and assistance to all Shutterfly locations on various employee benefit plans. Works with Broker/Consultant on recommendations and implementation of new or modified plans and policies, supports the administration of existing plans, including internal reporting and ensures regulatory compliance of all plans. Provides support to the Benefit Coordinator.
Daily job duties include:
- Working with the Broker/Consultant reviewing existing benefit programs (analyzing drivers of cost) and proposing changes, as well as supporting the development of new programs.
- Support of new hire and annual enrollment processes
- Problem resolution related to health and welfare benefits.
- Compliance functions related to reviewing and maintaining the integrity of EC/ECP and outsourced benefit administration system data via weekly and monthly data validation and error reporting processes.
- Assist with the development of Benefit presentations and communication materials.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aid in the design, implementation, and administration of employee benefit programs, in conjunction with Broker/Consultant
- Complete reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual) and cost analysis in conjunction with Broker/Consultant. Includes vendor reports.
- Health Care Reform – perform ACA hours tracking analysis for benefit eligibility, including new hires who meet initial first measurement period and eligibility for annual open enrollment
- 1095-C monitoring or errors, file 1094-C with IRS, conduct correction of 1095-C SSN errors
- Perform analytical studies and pull reports as required
- Communicate with benefit plan administrators
- Required notices mailings (NOCC, CHIP, SARs, etc), including counts for mail vendor and pulling mailing lists
- Consolidated Appropriations Act filing
- Notification of cutbacks for failure of Dependent Care FSA failure, including new election in Benefit Eligibility system
- Annual updates to NY Paid Family Leave documents to be sent to new NY hired employees
- Assist with invoice reconciliation with Broker/Consultant
- Support weekly processing of benefits eligibility demographic file for Eligibility vendor
- Support processing of weekly inbound payroll file
- Manage quarterly IBNR report from Consultant/Broker, review before providing to Finance
- Support preparation of open enrollment and other benefit communication materials in conjunction with Broker/Consultant
- Work with Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable to resolve issues and ensure checks are deposited with correct GL accounting by Legal Entity, including COBRA premium payment reconciliation
- Manage Pharmacy rebates, VT HCC quarterly reporting, and San Francisco HCSO reporting
- Research and resolve issues in the benefits area
- Respond to external benefit surveys
- Conduct benefit presentations as necessary
- Provide back-up to Benefits questions from employees
- Provide back-up to Sr Benefit Analyst and Benefit Coordinator duties, including communications and 401(k)
- Conduct peer review for other team members as required
- Other special projects/duties as assigned
Minimum General Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field
- CEBS (Certified Employee Benefits Specialist) highly desired
- Five to eight years of related experience
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with proven ability to problem-solve and multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Benefit Eligibility platforms preferred, especially BenefitFocus
- Working knowledge of SAP SucessFactors EC/ECP preferred
- Knowledge of plan funding, underwriting, benefit design and administration and statistics
- Ability to think critically, conduct root cause analysis, make decisions and work independently
- Detail-oriented, but able to see the bigger picture of each situation
- Demonstrated ability to handle and resolve complex benefit issues
- Strong commitment to customer service, effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly
- Presentation skills
- HR Business Partners.
- Employees who need guidance with benefits issues
- Vendor Partners (medical, dental, vision, life & disability, ACA vendor, 401K, etc)
- Benefits Broker/Consultant
- Other key departments at Shutterfly (Finance, AP, AR, Payroll, Sourcing, Legal, etc)
Working with the Broker/Consultant ensure company compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements.
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.