As a Demand Planner you will play a crucial role in forecasting daily product sales (units) for Shutterfly's e-commerce business. Responsibilities will encompass creating an operational units forecast and analytics/reporting. We are seeking a detail-oriented and analytical Demand Planner to support our Supply Planning, Manufacturing and External Partner teams with creating an operational units forecast that drives supply chain and manufacturing strategies across our internal and external fulfiller networks. The Demand Planner creates and maintains forecast models for Shutterfly products incorporating business intelligence, pricing & promotions planning, marketing strategies, and capacity planning information gathered from multiple sources. Forecast modeling and business analytics is the responsibility of this position.
We are looking for someone who: thrives in a fast-paced, results driven environment; is hard working; is a strategic, forward-thinking professional with a strong sense of urgency; and is enthusiastic about helping us achieve our business goals.
• Develop product demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function. Unit forecasts are at a daily level and for a rolling one year horizon (current quarter plus 4).
• Develop fulfiller site level forecasts based on capacity plans and product routing strategies.
• Provide support in developing seasonal demand forecasts and anticipate customers reactions to promotions and discounts
• Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results
• Coordinate research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions related to promotional activity and product trends
• Collaborate with multiple cross-functional groups (i.e. Marketing, Merchandising, FP&A, Supply Chain, Production, etc.) to understand business strategies, demand forecast drivers and supply/capacity constraints to improve forecast accuracy.
• Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working cross-functionally to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts
• Maintain demand planning processes and systems to improve forecasting accuracy
• Identify areas of improvements and recommend action plans.
• Create dashboards to track product trends and support business decisions
• Track forecast accuracy at multiple levels of aggregation
• Provide ad-hoc decision support and business analysis
• 3-5 years of experience working in manufacturing, supply chain, finance or demand planning is required
• Bachelors Degree in Finance, Supply Chain, Business, Engineering or business-related degree is preferred.
• Experience managing demand planning for a mix of existing products and new product launches in a fast-paced e-commerce company
• Experience using analytical and business processes and tools for forecasting and business planning
• Demonstrated deep analytical skills. Strong math, organizational, and time-management skills
• Demonstrated ability to identify business process issues and opportunities to implement effective improvements and control plans.
• Experience and comfort using ERP and Business Intelligence tools
• Strong communication and relationship building skills, with the ability to interpret and summarize data to aid management in achieving strategic and operational goals
• Must possess the ability to work and research/resolve issues independently while sharing best practices and knowledge with colleagues
• Must be able to present data and analyses in an organized, clear, and concise manner
• Demonstrated ability to use influence to obtain business results