New Business Development Representative (Northern IL)
At Shutterfly Inc., we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
What You’ll Do Here As a New Business Development Rep:
- Establishes new accounts in the assigned area by calling on and visiting all prospective customers and introducing new photography products and services to achieve sales goals.
- Promotes Lifetouch product lines (e.g., fall underclass, elementary yearbooks) to school principals, parent organizations, administrators and other decision makers. Ensures new customers receive a consistent positive message from and about Lifetouch.
- Always manages Area business within the Company’s customer relationship management system (i.e. Salesforce) in accordance with established procedures (includes documenting all sales activities, managing opportunity stages and consistently cleaning account data).
- Analyzes assigned sales area to keep manager informed, on a regular basis, of progress toward and challenges in, achieving individual and team sales, as well as develops plans that enable the achievement of sales goals.
- Completes accurate sales contracts in Salesforce in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Maintains and updates current Lifetouch product knowledge including related services, contracts, pricing guidelines, and sales materials.
- Always participates in ongoing sales training (Sandler and other content) as provided and required by the Company; consistently implements the Sandler Sales techniques in accordance with provided training and established procedures.
- Successfully transitioning accounts to the Sales Account Manager.
- Safeguards all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is kept confidential at all times.
- 3-5 years of proven outside sales experience focused on new account acquisition.
- Customer relationship management (CRM) system use, preferred.
It’s helpful to have, but not required:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and training.
- Prior experience working in the Educational Arena
What we offer:
- Competitive base pay plus commissions
- Exceptional culture
- Ongoing training
- 401K, health benefits and paid time off being Day 1 of employment
- Gas card and/or mileage reimbursement
- Company Tablet and/or laptop
- Shutterfly discounts
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.