Data Center Tech. ( Long term - Contingent Worker)
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Hours are standard business hours, approximately 9-5. (minimal on call.) **Contract expected to run through 2023
Shutterfly datacenter technicians are responsible for managing datacenter space, power, cabling, hardware installs and decommissions. Their duties include maintaining day-to-day operations, preserving optimally controlled environments and being hands on for System Engineering and Network Engineering. Layer1 troubleshooting skills and experience with enterprise hardware. They will also be required to support urgent on-call repairs after business hours.
Required Skills & Experience
- 1-3 years’ of relevant experience
- Data Center environment experience
- Ability to lift 50-70 pounds
- Must have reliable transportation
- Experience with Rack & Stack, deploy, maintenance and decommission highly preferred
- Support and/or Escort vendors for 3rd party hardware support.
- Troubleshooting circuits with internal Network Engineers and outside vendors.
- Troubleshooting physical hardware (Servers, Network Switches, and Storage) for SysEng and NetEng.
- Perform On-call events in order to provide 24/7 support.
- Handle miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as defined by management.
- Physical racking and un-racking enterprise equipment.
- Run fiber, power and ethernet cabling
- Diagnose simple hardware issues
- Box/unbox equipment including breakdown/trash