District Sales Manager - Studio
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
As a District Sales Manager you oversee the management, operations, photography, and sales execution of 16 - 22 photography studios to deliver profitable growth. This position serves an important role in driving performance and achieving district goals in the areas of sessions, sales, customer satisfaction, photography, and profitability (labor margin). You will ensure the execution and compliance of company processes and expectations. As the manager and leader, you will recruit, hire, develop, lead and inspire a team of managers, as well as 60 - 150 Team Members (plus Seasonal Team Members), that successfully achieve desired business results. DSM’s are expected to represent the district and Lifetouch in a professional and positive manner while demonstrating concern for the safety of our customers (infants, children and adults) by following established safety procedures and practices.
What You'll Do Here:
- Promotes an environment of teamwork and accountability to deliver studio and district goals.
- Provides and models remarkable customer service to retain and acquire new customers.
- Coaches Studio Managers and Team Members to deliver same level of service.
- Employs techniques to build teamwork in support of business needs to drive results.
- Manages studio closures & openings, as business needs dictate
The Skills You'll Bring...
- 4 - 7 years management in retail, photography, and/or service industry; a minimum 2 years multi-unit management, strongly preferred.
- Driving sales with a proven track record of growth (e.g., account/sales acquisition).
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent related experience
- Must live within district boundaries, preferably in a high volume market within the district.
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time
- Detail oriented in the execution and follow-up of work.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Ability to manage, prioritize as well as balance and execute against multiple projects/priorities simultaneously, working efficiently.
- Ability to effectively manage and lead change.