Principal Data Engineer
At Shutterfly, our purpose is to share life’s joy by connecting people to what matters as the leading platform for personalized products.
Shutterfly’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users will purchase personalized products. We're looking for seasoned engineers who will help us define, contribute and implement fresh ideas from all areas.
We are looking for an exceptional principal / senior engineer for our Marketing Platform team. The mandate for this team is to envision, develop, and manage the systems / workflows that enable Shutterfly to generate personalized marketing activations for each customer and to recommend them at the right time with the right content. A huge challenge!
Given Shutterfly’s rare combination of an exceptional team of data scientists, a lot of data, a sophisticated data engineering ecosystem, and a company-wide appreciation for the benefits of marketing and personalization, a huge opportunity for impact awaits!
- Develop, maintain and improve the infrastructure running on AWS, enhancing its ability to process millions of data points per day
- Analyze, design and develop scalable services and components in the AWS Cloud
- Design and build flexible pipelines that can rapidly evolve to handle new technologies and modeling approaches
- Take full ownership of projects from conception through to production
- Turn requirements into simple, elegant, optimal solutions
- Work with team members and other groups to achieve company goals
Skills And Qualifications
- B. Sc. in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience with data, big data and sql and no-sql databases and object data stores.
- Experience (3 or more years) as a backend engineer, writing in Python, Node.js or the like
- Experience with working over Linux OS
- Self-direction, ambition, and an eagerness to learn new things
- 5+ years of experience building complex software systems in a multidisciplinary team
- Must have a positive, Can Do Attitude and willing to have fun while working
- Experience in cloud computing and/or AWS services
- Experience with real time data streaming
- Participated in an end-to-end big data and/or large-scale performance challenge
- Experience developing and working with RESTful web services and client-server architectures