Senior Benefits Manager
At Shutterfly, we make life’s experiences unforgettable. We believe there is extraordinary power in the self-expression. That’s why our family of brands helps customers create products and capture moments that reflect who they uniquely are.
The Sr. Manager, Benefits plays a critical role in overseeing a team of benefit professionals and vendors, ensuring the effective management and delivery of U.S. employee benefit programs, monitoring the various plans and policies to ensure compliance with legal requirements and company objectives. This position requires a strong background in benefits management, account management, and exceptional leadership skills.
Team Leadership and Development
- Provide strong people leadership to a team of benefits professionals to ensure the effective management and delivery of benefit plans and policies.
- Coach, train, and develop team members to foster a collaborative environment, and promote continuous growth and improvement.
Benefit Management and Administration
- Closely partner with the Sr. Director, Total Rewards and HR Operations and benefits vendors to provide strategic and impactful insights into benefit design, structure, and competitiveness, for health and welfare, retirement, leave and wellness plans and programs.
- Manage the design and administration, including open enrollment, of all employee benefits.
- Develop and deliver educational materials, presentations, and communication strategies to enhance employee understanding of benefit offerings.
- Act as a point of escalation for benefit-related issues, working closely with team members and vendors to resolve any disputes or concerns in a timely and effective manner.
- Document trends and proactively recommend process and/or benefit system improvements.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, such as HR, Finance, Payroll and Technology to ensure seamless integration and processing of benefit administration activities.
- Analyze audit results to identify root cause issues with any data accuracy and integrity within the HRIS and other systems.
- Ensure plans follow legislation and statutory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field; master’s degree a plus.
- 7+ years of benefit management experience, including health and welfare, retirement, leave and wellness plans and programs.
- Knowledge of Benefit Eligibility platforms preferred, especially BenefitFocus.
- Working knowledge of SAP SucessFactors EC/ECP preferred.
- Possess strong leadership abilities with a track record of effectively managing and developing teams.
- Possess an employee customer-centric mindset.
- CEBS, SHRM certification is a plus.
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.