Accounts Receivable Supervisor
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the operations order processing specialists who in accordance with company policies and procedures, are responsible for safeguarding and properly handling orders and payment as they check-in returned tamper evident job bags. Ensures efficient operations of the staff by continuously assessing effectiveness of daily tasks, through reviewing accuracy of deposit records and following up with employees to clarify any incomplete or unclear entries.
- Coordinates and assesses the cash application resources to provide adequate coverage for all tasks, as well as oversees the correction and follow-up on all cash reports, such as unpaid and unposted deposits.
- Reports accounts receivable errors and training opportunities to operations manager and photo manager in a timely fashion.
- Acts as the liaison between the local financial institution and the area office.
- Carries out leadership responsibilities including, but not limited to, recruiting, staffing, on-boarding, training and development, establishing goal objectives, employee relations and performance management. Establishes measurements to evaluate individual and team performance and employs techniques to build the teamwork required to support the business needs.
- Participates in photographer training in all areas regarding accounts receivable.
- Monitors the scheduling of money pick- ups from schools and other Lifetouch offices.
- In conjunction with LNSS guidelines, assists the Operations Manager in compliance with company cash handling and banking procedures for the area. Ensures that very strict procedural compliance is achieved in concert with high productivity results. Communicates current and future changes to all employees affected.
- Assists the Operations Manager in developing area policies and procedures related to cash handling. Communicates policies and procedures to all employees affected and monitors the compliance of all cash handling activities. Communicates current and future changes to all employees affected
- Adheres to all company SOX, PCI and Finance policies and procedures.
- Collects and tracks returned job tamper evident bags.
- Processes payments and orders using assigned equipment.
- Prepares bank deposit slips.
- Posts payments to orders utilizing company systems.
- Updates and maintains required company records.
- Documents any issues or discrepancies.
- May monitor and organize Accounts Receivable room supplies and notify supervisor of supplies needed.
- May be responsible for tracking of family approval and or proof package returned portrait packages and orders.
- Maintains confidentiality of school/student related information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manages the accounts receivable database. Researches and resolves discrepancies. Gathers data and prepares various reports. Tracks departments’ productivity levels, summarizes the status of department for management review.
Verifies school commission rates per package in the Vision database match the contract. Orders school commission checks in accordance with school portrait agreement and/or work order commitments.
Demonstrates care and concern for the safety and health of self and others by promoting and modeling all safety rules and guidelines.
Other duties as assigned.
- 2-year degree and 5 years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven supervisory experience including, but not limited to, recruiting, staffing, on-boarding, training and development, establishing goal objectives, employee relations and performance management.
- Proven computer skills including using spreadsheet applications, word processing and some form of database.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.