Desktop Systems Specialist I
Service Desk Technician
Provide technical support to end users on a variety of issues related to computer systems, software and hardware. Must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. Document, track and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Accountability - Demonstrates an understanding of the link between one’s own job responsibilities and overall organizational goals and needs and performs one’s job with the broader goals in mind.
- Customer Focus - Demonstrates concern for meeting end-user needs and providing top notch service.
- Decision Making - Makes good decisions using a combination of analysis, knowledge, experience, and judgment. Analyzes and distinguishes core problems by looking at the symptoms.
- Interpersonal Relationships – Must demonstrate appropriate and professional behavior at all times. Uses a high degree of tact and diplomacy in working with others.
- Results Focused - Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence, shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop and implement solutions to improve efficiency, productivity, and user experience.
- Provide support for users who work from office\remotely.
- Work with globally distributed teams.
- Buy and maintain IT equipment.
- Support the on\off-boarding process
- Provide and document policies and procedures for the team.
- Support projects throughout the organization.
- Tickets handling and walk-up support.
Education / Experience Requirements
- 2 – 3 years of relevant experience.
- 3+ years experience of macOS and Windows.
- Office365 and AD administration experience.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow is a huge plus.
- Demonstrated experience of continuously expanding and leveraging knowledge of technology, market, and industry trends with success in identifying, recommending, and implementing best practices and methodologies.
- Ability to be flexible with tasks during major outages and to work overtime as needed.
- Degree\certifications will be strongly taken into consideration.
Key Non-Technical Skills:
- Self-motivated who can work through technical issues in his\her own with minimal guidance
- Ability to work with non-technical users in a positive, polite, and supportive way.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) with all levels of the organization.