Senior Data Warehouse Architect/Analyst
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, events, and churches.
Shutterfly is looking to hire a hands on Principal Data Warehouse Analyst to join their team! The Principal Data Warehouse Analyst plays a key role in the transformation of the organization’s use of data, including the buildout of a modern data warehouse and advancement of data integration design and maturity of the digital enterprise.
What You'll Do Here:
- Architect new data infrastructures and solutions and refine and extend existing data infrastructures and data engineering practices
- Working with data teams and on your own design and develop data pipelines. This is a combination Senior Architecture and Data Engineering role. Development is required
- Design data structures and data integrations to meet current and future business needs
- Improve information accessibility and information sharing across the organization
- Support and extend an enterprise-wide approach to data management and data distribution
- Support transition of the business and data infrastructures from legacy environments to cloud environments (primarily AWS)
- Collaborate with stakeholders and cross-functional teams to evaluate business needs, scope solutions, solve issues, provide analytics, offer recommendations and input to business requirements for the design of data integrations and data solutions
The Skills You'll Bring:
- Extensive demonstrated data integration experience through manually developed coded integrations (preferably with deep knowledge of Python) or experience with building AWS data pipelines. Deep experience with three different ETL Tools (like ODI, SSIS, Informatica, Talend, SnapLogic) in lieu of the other experience is also acceptable
- Expert in SQL
- Knowledge of cloud data warehouses (AWS preferred)
- Knowledge and understanding of emerging trends in data infrastructures including data integration and data storage
- A strong desire to learn new approaches and technologies related to data modeling, data handling and data presentation
- Experience with business intelligence and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Cognos, Business Objects)
- Must be comfortable with and embrace opportunities provided by differing levels of ambiguity
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS or equivalent related experience.
- 10 years of increasing responsible positions delivering solutions in data management and data integration
If this aligns with your career goals, skills and experience - we want to work with you!