District Support ASM
The District Support Assistant Studio Manager assists the District Sales Manager with the operation of portrait studios in a host environment by working in studios to ensure coverage or acting in a Temp. Studio Manager/Dual Studio Manager capacity. This role follows established operational processes (e.g., training, selling, photographing), helps the studio achieve results and grow, provides remarkable customer service throughout the photographic, sales and portrait delivery experience, as well as assists with Team Member skill development.
Following Camera Room Expectations and Posing Guidelines, they capture portraits to maximize the sales average and exceed the customer’s expectations. Assistant Studio Managers also demonstrate concern for the safety of our customers (infants, children and adults) by following established safety procedures and practices.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs the duties and responsibilities of the Team Member role:
- Meets customer needs by photographing and selling images that create and share each customer’s unique story and considering the ways the customer uses portrait images.
- Takes portraits efficiently, within company standards (including Camera Room Expectations, Posing Guidelines and Photography Policies), that meet the customer’s needs and the company’s quality and variety expectations to maximize Sales Average and customer satisfaction.
- Follows the Sales Process accurately and consistently to meet or exceed Sales Average expectations by knowing and communicating current packaging, pricing and promotion information and leveraging appropriate selling techniques.
- Drives additional portrait sittings, proactively, by approaching potential customers, leveraging company provided call lists, scheduling and confirming appointments, as well as following up on missed or cancelled appointments.
- Executes sales transaction procedures properly and appropriately by using point of sale system/cash register.
- Promotes business by building rapport to increase customer retention and referrals.
- Provides professional customer service by greeting customers, directing traffic flow, communicating clearly and proactively, answering the phone and returning messages.
- Partners with the Studio Manager to execute new hire training, in accordance with LPS guidelines and processes, to build and maintain a high performing team.
- Fulfills the duties associated with temporary assignments (e.g., Temp. Studio Manager) in a manner that meets or exceeds expectations.
- Completes assigned administrative functions accurately by established deadlines.
- Demonstrates concern for the safety of all customers and employees by ensuring a clean and safe environment, following safety guidelines, maintaining awareness of children in the studio and reporting all safety hazards and injuries/accidents. Maintains photographic equipment and props.
- Safe-guards all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is kept confidential at all times.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with labor management (e.g., schedule adjustments), the use of local studio marketing tactics and tools as well as support host store/mall management relationships to drive business results and growth.
- Provides feedback (e.g., COACH), and follows up with the Studio Manager, on individual Team Member performance based on observations and execution of established processes (e.g., Camera Room/photography expectations, Sales Process).
- Takes initiative to solve, and ensures resolution of, all customer experience or product issues, in a customer-focused manner by leveraging established Service Recovery processes, as needed.
- Completes all required training and skill improvement tasks, as directed by manager.
- Works in multiple studios (where applicable) based on business needs.
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- High school diploma or GED. Post-secondary education, preferred.
- 1-2 years sales, retail, service-related experience.
- Photography that demonstrates skills and ability to meet or exceed Studios’ Photography expectations.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
- Possess strong photography skills.
- Demonstrated sales skills.
- Proven ability to deliver training, using fundamentals of adult-learning and presentation skills that effectively result in business results and skill improvement.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including: days, nights, holidays and weekends, to meet business cycle and needs.
- Customer service and sales skills.
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Ability to quickly develop a good rapport with children and adults.
- Intermediate computer skills (e.g., navigation, data entry) (specifically Microsoft Outlook and Excel).
- Detail oriented in the execution and follow-up of work.
- Strong math skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize work.
- Ability to effectively manage and lead change.
- Takes initiative.
- Ability to speak and write Spanish fluently in some markets, may be preferred.
If you’re interested in continuing your exciting career in candid photography, enjoy working with kids and love being in action-packed, new settings every day; the market leader in school photography wants to meet with you!
The compensation package for this role is based on multiple factors, such as job level, responsibilities, location, and candidate experience. The base pay ranges included below are specific to the locations listed, and may not be applicable to other locations.
Connecticut: [$16.39 - $21.22]
This position may be eligible for a bonus incentive, health benefits, a 401K program, and other employee perks. More details about our company benefits can be found at https://shutterflyinc.com/benefits/.
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.