Product Manager - Digital Self- Service (Explore and Inspire)
For more than 80 years, Lifetouch has been the professional photography company of choice for schools and families. While photography sessions may look different this year, our goal is still the same – to ensure families receive this essential photography service to continue to capture life’s memories. Lifetouch was acquired by Shutterfly in 2018 – this acquisition brings together Shutterfly’s strengths as the leader in personalized photo-based products and photo storage with Lifetouch’s position as the leader in school and family photography.
There is an exciting opportunity over the next few years to digitally bring these brands closer together to make it even easier for Consumers to order and store photos for years to come. We are looking for a Product Manager to make it easier for our customers – both internal and external – to digitally self-service. This Product Manager will partner heavily with our Customer Service teams to understand why customers are calling, how we can address their needs online, and partner with Marketing teams to drive traffic there instead. They will also create digital experiences and frameworks that make it easier for our Marketing partners to create sites and content online that informs users of all of the great services that Lifetouch has to offer. We will move away from dozens of standalone sites and streamline our content into much more consolidated, seamless and relevant digital journeys.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the vision and strategy; reduce call volume and drive customers to self-service online.
- Partner with other Product Managers and Engineering teams to bring new features to life across Lifetouch digital experiences.
- Manage the marketing sites that support Lifetouch’s lines of business and streamline onto platforms that enable internal teams to self-service and update content at minimal costs.
- Partner with the Marketing teams to understand their content strategy for the marketing sites and create a flexible framework that supports content across brands.
- Establish ways of tracking the effectiveness of new features and site launches on call volume and site traffic.
- Identify ways to leverage Shutterfly Inc. wide assets to meet objectives – proactively initiate those conversations to create synergies and efficiencies.
- Lead with an external perspective, understanding other sites / apps that do an effective job of addressing similar business challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- Experience with content management solutions
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
- Work with agile scrum teams to bring new features to market
- Strong communication skills to rally teams toward a vision and plan
- Ability to communicate very technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Drive results across highly complex, matrixed teams and systems
- Willingness to see beyond what currently exists
- Ability to influence teams not directly under your authority
- Stellar organizational skills to keep all teams on track
- Have an enthusiastic, curious, and optimistic attitude towards projects – with a sense of humor when things don’t go as planned
- Highly collaborative nature – you love bringing others along on the journey