Data Insights Analyst
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Performance Analytics Analyst to join our team.
As a Performance Analytics Analyst, your primary role will be to analyze performance of specific business lines and develop innovative solutions through data analysis, metrics creation, and dashboard development. This role will help shape strategic business direction and work to guide optimal performance across the Lifetouch organization. The candidate should have a combination of analytical skills, business acumen, and interpersonal and communication skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze performance across specific business lines of Lifetouch
- Build marketing and performance trending metrics for Lifetouch business lines
- Presents analysis to cross functional teams to help make better data driven decisions.
- Analyzes and transforms raw data into actionable insights.
- Collaborates with cross functional departments to integrate enterprise strategy into the performance analysis.
- Explores data and discovers patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies and trends to improve performance.
- Supports Marketing and GM functions with other analytic projects and data needs
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics/Finance or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years of experience in business intelligence or analytics
- 3 or more years of experience with SQL queries for data analysis
- 2 or more years of experience working with a BI tool (Preferably PowerBI)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables, look-up formulas) and PowerPoint
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Exceptional analytical, critical-thinking, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail; highly accurate and thorough in all tasks
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative and cross-functional setting
- Strong time management skills to deliver high quality work for multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Ability to draw conclusions/insights and translate those findings to develop recommendations for leadership action
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong learning capability to adapt to ever changing technologies and techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to make decisions and work independently
- Understanding and experience with business analysis and processes