Director, Corporate Communications
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
As a Director, Corporate Communications, you will help transform how we manage, measure and strategically plan our global reputation activity. This person will help build corporate reputation through executive visibility and thought leadership and will oversee corporate crisis and issues management.
What You'll Do Here:
- Rapid Response/Issues Management
- Lead and oversee external communications efforts around issues/crisis management and corporate reputation across the organization
- Evaluate priority issues and opportunities that may impact the organization
- Work with social team to build social, media and partner listening protocols
- Corporate and Executive Thought Leadership Communications
- Develop communications strategies to elevate corporate reputation in the U.S.
- Develop executive communications strategy for corporate executives
- Craft messaging and create effective, high quality communications materials
The Skills You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, communications, business or equivalent related experience
- 10 or more years of communications experience in retail or technology related field
- Communications experience including message development, message distribution via myriad channels, building reputations with reporters, and writing communications plans
- Significant experience leading reputation management and crisis communications, including on the record experience with media
- Proven ability to support and counsel senior-level executives and build trust within a highly matrixed organization
- Strong business knowledge
- A critical problem solver with a bias for action
- Natural storyteller with excellent speaking, writing and editing skills