Senior Data Engineer
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
As part of the Data Engineering team you will tackle the scalability, performance and distributed computing challenges needed to collect, process and store data for Shutterfly. You will enhance the Data Warehouse at Shutterfly on AWS, supporting the breadth and depth of the company’s analytic needs.
What You'll Do Here
- Build design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and enhance full-stack data engineering solutions
- Provide technical leadership to the Data Warehouse and Shutterfly teams who use Shutterfly’s Enterprise Data Warehouse
- With your technical expertise own and manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Evangelize the benefits of existing solutions and new technologies to drive the use and push the technology of the Data Warehouse forward
- Work closely with Data Operations to improve CI/CD pipelines and improve the operation and performance of the Data Warehouse
The Skills You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Expert knowledge Python, Spark and SQL scripting, working knowledge of R or similar statistical computing packages
- 7+ years of hands on experience in building data & feature engineering applications, including design, implementation, debugging, and support
- Deep understanding of data integration to support analytics & feature engineering for Machine learning algorithms
- Experience working in the AWS Services Ecosystem or relevant Cloud Infrastructures such as Google Cloud or Azure
It is helpful, but not required to have..
- Strong at applying data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design, to solve challenging data integration problems
- Expertise with the AWS platform & Databricks preferred