Sr. Product Manager - Checkout Experience
For more than 80 years, Lifetouch has been the professional photography company of choice for schools and families. While photography sessions may look different this year, our goal is still the same – to ensure families receive this essential photography service to continue to capture life’s memories. Lifetouch was acquired by Shutterfly in 2018 – this acquisition brings together Shutterfly’s strengths as the leader in personalized photo-based products and photo storage with Lifetouch’s position as the leader in school and family photography.
There is an exciting opportunity over the next few years to digitally bring these brands closer together to make it even easier for Consumers to order and store photos for years to come. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to help drive the strategy around Lifetouch’s cart and checkout experiences to create a more seamless solution for our customers. We want to enable families to purchase photos across multiple lines of business and with a variety of Shutterfly products in an intuitive and seamless checkout experience. There are a lot of efficiencies to be gained by bringing these sites closer together and we are eager to see how you can help us create customer centric solutions that drive our business outcomes. You will partner heavily with our UX team and Engineering, understanding how all teams can work together to deliver delightful experiences for our customers. You’ll also have experience creating test & learn experiments to optimize and develop winning experiences. You’ll be a fantastic partner to other teams across the organization – able to inspire them to collaborate on the top priorities for our business.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the strategy and execution for Lifetouch’s cart and checkout experience, bringing together disparate sites across our schools, yearbook, and studio businesses.
- Be the product owner in an agile scrum team focused on delivering features related to cart, checkout and order tracking.
- Clearly define user stories, groom the backlog and communicate needs of our users to design and engineering teams.
- Define a test & learn strategy of experimentation and partner with the analytics resources to roll out and measure success.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers’ needs through both quantitative and qualitative research.
- Effectively communicate needs to others and proactively develop solutions that address problems and drive objectives.
- Lead with an external perspective, understanding other sites / apps that do an effective job of addressing similar business challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of Product Management experience
- Experience designing test & learn experiments and interpreting the data to drive decision making and feature rollouts
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
- Work with agile scrum teams to bring new features to market
- Strong communication skills to rally teams towards a vision and plan
- Ability to communicate very technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Drive results across highly complex, matrixed teams and systems
- Willingness to see beyond what currently exists
- Ability to influence teams not directly under your authority
- Highly collaborative nature – you love bringing others along on the journey