Machine Operating Assistant (1st Shift)
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
Responsible for providing non-exempt, entry level support to the production process functions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and open customer orders and enter customer information into business systems by keying and scanning.
- Verify that customer images match accompanying paperwork; correct discrepancies.
- Enhance images by retouching, editing, color correction using various internal and external software applications; using appropriate judgment and decision-making; meeting quality and productivity standards.
- Enhance and produce products using various printing methods and equipment via mechanical processes.
- Inspect final product for quality defects and accuracy. Complete assembly by boxing and adding accessories.
- Expedite packages to maintain shipping service times are met via hand pack or operating a packing machine.
- Complete final shipment preparation using various vendors and methods.
- Use basic judgment, decision-making, problem identification, problem solving and standard work to meet individual and team quality and productivity standards within the production environment.
- Use safe work habits including proper lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, squatting, twisting and driving techniques and adheres to all safety rules and guidelines.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Alpha numeric & 10-key keyboard experience.
- Experience with computers.
- Basic experience with machine operation.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
Qualifications may vary by Value Stream/Firm to include:
- Basic computer skills to include keyboarding. May need to be at rate of 8,000 kph.
- Must possess English language skills (speak, read, write).
- Effective communication skills.
- Basic problem solving skills and willingness to share ideas for improving the work.
- Demonstrated ability to see color. May need to pass standardized color test.
- Ability to use image enhancement software.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to lift up to 45 pounds following ergonomic standards.
- Ability to work at the appropriate pace within the production team.
- Ability to adapt to various situations, tasks and people.
- Ability to adapt to continuous change with motivation and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work in a dark environment.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques and/or knowledge of the production environment.
Physical Requirements (if applicable)
The physical requirements described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties and responsibilities.When performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, bend, squat, climb, kneel, crawl, twist, balance, reach, use hands and fingers to perform repetitive tasks and assemble/disassemble equipment. The employee must be able to frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds (and occasionally lift and move up to 45 pounds).