Manager, Photography Operations
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
The Manager, Photography Operations manages and leads all aspects of photography initiatives, staff, and equipment to ensure high-quality photography and superior customer service. Photo Managers are expected to represent the Area and Lifetouch in a professional and positive manner while demonstrating concern for the safety of our customers by following established safety procedures and practices.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Leads the Area Photography team including establishing goals, setting clear expectations, executing strategy, holding Photography Supervisors, and their respective teams accountable for performance and results.
- Coordinates and conducts Photography Supervisor meetings regularly to provide Area updates, engage employees, introduce new Photography, Sales and/or Operations initiatives, discuss performance against metrics (wins and opportunities), etc.
- Drives the company’s quality standards by communicating, setting clear expectations, evaluating photography and implementing improvement efforts to ensure customer’s expectations are met or exceeded.
- Partners with Area leadership team to ensure the entire area is aligned on processes and procedures, as well as identifying opportunities to strengthen area performance and implement improvement initiatives.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, manages, and trains employees, in accordance with company guidelines and processes, to build and maintain a high performing team.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry standards and trends.
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management or related field, strongly preferred.
- 3 + years of field operations or business experience, including managing the operations within a multimillion-dollar sales volume organization.
- 3 - 5 years managing and leading direct reports, including experience leading supervisors
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to influence positive outcomes.
- Ability to manage a budget and apply financial acumen.
- Ability to manage, prioritize as well as balance and execute against multiple projects/priorities simultaneously, working efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively manage and lead change.
- Photography knowledge is helpful but not required for this role.
- Possess a valid U.S. driver’s license with full use of dependable, insured automobile.