At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Shutterfly Inc. is looking for a Sr. Merchant to add to our Merchandising Team. We are looking for the right person to jump into the business, develop merchandising strategies and assortments, and drive revenue-driving collections.
This person must be a self-starter, have a passion for design and overall product aesthetic and development. Strong analytical skills balanced with a great design eye are essential. Candidates with experience in merchandising/category management at a consumer online company with a design background specific to stationery and gifting are strongly preferred.
The Sr. Merchant is responsible for creating the merchandising assortment strategy as it relates to their occasions, execute the product launch roadmap, act as key contributor in developing merchandising strategies and product assortments, and drive the day-to-day execution of all merchandising projects within their occasions. The Sr. Merchant will provide cross-functional department leadership and partner effectively with Product, Engineering, UX, OPS, Design, Integrated Marketing, Content, and Creative teams. The position reports directly to the Sr. Director/GM, Category Management – C&S.
What you’ll do here:
- Develop and execute Occasion strategies that ladder up to the overall Merchandising assortment strategies.
- Understand the Shutterfly customer motivations. Proactively identify opportunities in the assortment for growth /decline by category based on market trends, the competitive landscape, and historical performance. Incorporate insights into the design strategy and assortment.
- Develop Occasion Merchandising Briefs to Designers that support Merchandising Strategies and Assortment Plans
- Partner with Internal and External Designers to develop designs & collections that are on-brand and drive revenue
- Present occasion and product learnings in all product and financial meetings
- Own the production launch calendar and all roadmap projects for selected occasions
The skill’s you’ll bring:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with at least 3 years of experience as a Merchandising Manager (ecommerce/retail strongly preferred)
- Strong creative and design POV and ability to translate trends into revenue-driving assortments
- Quantitative skills balanced with qualitative is essential-comfort with both numbers and design
- BA/BS degree in merchandising, graphic design, fashion design or related fields
- Highly developed PC/MAC skills; advanced proficiency with Excel, Adobe Creative Suite.
It’s helpful, but no required:
- Experience of working with design teams strongly preferred
- Broad based business acumen with the ability to partner, collaborate and negotiate with senior-level business partners
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!