Innovation Marketing Manager - Product and Brand Marketing
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Shutterfly is looking for a Product & Brand Marketing Manager to join our first ever Growth Hacking team. In this role, you will join a small, fast-moving, multi-disciplinary group focused on identifying new marketing and digital activations that are audience-led, insights-driven, measurable, on-brand and ultimately lead to memorable experiences that drive growth. For this role, we are seeking an experienced and nimble marketer who has a pulse on the changing landscape and who can drive change and lead marketing initiatives that fundamentally bend the way we go to and show up in market. This person will be comfortable in ambiguity and can quickly assess key data points (landscape, customer insights, competitive insights) to define rapid GTM experiments alongside a small, dynamic, empowered, and entrepreneurial team focused on capturing new audiences. We are looking for someone who is a master at both brand & product marketing, knows how to make sharp GTM plans that can drive differentiation and acquisition, feels comfortable in fast-paced & scrappy growth environments, who is highly collaborative, and who approaches ideas with the attitude of … “We have to test the idea. We can identify the audience, define our value proposition, and launch nimble tests, analysis, and optimizations to drive meaningful growth.”
In this role, the Growth Hacking Manager – Product & Brand Marketing will need to demonstrate:
- Core responsibilities include:
- Staying on top of the changing pulse of retail and customer trends and latest and greatest evolutions in marketing
- Creating differentiated value propositions, low fidelity business cases and marketing/experience briefs that articulate opportunities in the form of testable concepts
- Working with creative, channel, product and data teams to create tests and test designs, identify key leading indicators and in-market customer feedback that supports iteration & growth—leading to established testing framework and reporting structure for the Marketing team to continuously iterate
- Lead all components of growth strategy — acquisition, engagement, retention, and all things related to driving growth
- Strategize, manage, and optimize our marketing channels (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, email, SEM, SEO, etc.) to increase performance at all levels of the funnel.
- Closely monitor, quickly iterate, and obsessively optimize campaign performance. Provide powerful, actionable insights and own the execution of tactics supporting growth.
- Direct qualitative and quantitative research to identify growth opportunities. Develop data-informed tactics and cross-functionally lead execution.
- The ideal candidate is comfortable at the intersections of brand, product marketing, go to market plan development, human insight and rapid prototyping and can work across key teams, including Media Channels (especially Social, Apps), Product & Engineering, Creative, Data (Analytics), and other internal partners and stakeholders.
- Minimum 6-8+ years integrated marketing or media experience at DTC, digitally-driven consumer facing brand, media or creative agency, or internal innovation/high growth teams in a consumer facing (ideally lifestyle) brand. Open to various industries, but DTC and Retail is a plus.
- Aptitude for identifying innovation trends (customer, marketing, brand, technology), distilling consumer insights and defining differentiated value propositions for Shutterfly brands
- Comfortable with creating low-fidelity business cases and skilled at developing brand and product marketing briefs and go-to-market launch plans that capture specific audiences
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities independently while communicating and collaborating effectively with a variety of partners
- Excellent communication skills; confidence in building, influencing, and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- This person will also demonstrate effective project and time-management skills – and be able to work both independently and in group settings.
- Expertise in PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office or presentation products
#Innovation #Marketing #BrandMarketing #Product Marketing