Digital Print and Bindery Operator (Full-Time)
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Click the video links below to hear from a few of our current manufacturing employees and why they love working at Shutterfly!
New pay rates starting at: $18/hr
- Health & Safety is our top priority
- Competitive hourly pay and regular opportunity for Overtime
- Paid Time Off (3 weeks to start) & Paid Holidays
- On-the-job training and career development
- Annual Performance Reviews with opportunity for pay increases
- Coolest co-workers in town!
- Climate controlled, state-of-the-art facilities
- Casual, relaxed attire
- Competitive Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, STD/LTD, and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site amenities include a gym, game room, free beverages, etc.
- Up to $2,500 in free Shutterfly merchandise and huge discounts
What you’ll do here:
- Operate and maintain equipment including but not limited to:
- Bindery: Operate and maintain high speed Bindery and Finishing equipment including Muller Martini (Acoro, Alegro, Diamant, Horauf, Vareo, Merit, Sigma), MBO cutters, Standard Horizon finishing equipment, LaserMax, and other equipment including UV Coaters, sewers, stitchers, cutters, laminators, etc.
- Digital: Operate and maintain high speed Digital Print/Press equipment including HP Indigo (10k, 12k 7600, W7250, WS6800p), HP T-410 or comparable variable, high speed printers (Xerox, Canon, Konica Minolta, etc.)
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance including troubleshooting problems to maintain quality standards and to keep equipment in running condition - request maintenance as required.
- Inspecting for adherence to procedures using, visual discrimination, print quality analysis, and judgment.
- Recognizing when routine adjustments are necessary and identifying errors at the earliest possible stage to minimize production rework.
- Ensure labor is used efficiently
- Ability to keep good records
- Ensure product meets the quality standards
- Maintain safety and OSHA standards
- Responsible for cleanliness of area and maintaining 5S standards
- Drive continuous improvement
- Maintain confidentiality and strict compliance with the company’s security policy related to potential access to sensitive information
- Any other project as assigned by supervision or management
Skills and Attributes Needed:
- Able to operate and maintain Press and or Bindery equipment while under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Ability to follow written instructions
- A methodical "procedure-oriented" approach to tasks and the ability to match or detect subtle differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness
- Must have hard work ethic, ability to learn quickly, and common sense
- Communicate effectively with supervision, tech support, and other associates
- Experience working in a 24/7 environment, ability to stand for 12 hours+, lift up to 50 lbs., crouch, kneel, reach, bend and do repetitive actions