Machine Operating Assistant 1
At Lifetouch (part of the Shutterfly family of brands), we believe there is extraordinary power in the self-expression. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day”, Lifetouch has captured the unique personalities of children and families for more than 85 years.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Receive and open customer orders and enter customer information into business systems by keying and scanning.
- Verify that customer images match accompanying paperwork; correct discrepancies.
- Enhance images by retouching, editing, color correction using various internal and external software applications; using appropriate judgment and decision-making; meeting quality and productivity standards.
- Enhance and produce products using various printing methods and equipment via mechanical processes.
- Inspect final product for quality defects and accuracy. Complete assembly by boxing and adding accessories.
- Expedite packages to maintain shipping service times are met via hand pack or operating a packing machine.
- Complete final shipment preparation using various vendors and methods.
- Use basic judgment, decision-making, problem identification, problem solving and standard work to meet individual and team quality and productivity standards within the production environment.
- Use safe work habits including proper lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, squatting, twisting and driving techniques and adheres to all safety rules and guidelines.
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Basic computer skills to include keyboarding. May need to be at rate of 8,000 kph.
- Must possess English language skills (speak, read, write).
- Effective communication skills.
- Basic problem solving skills and willingness to share ideas for improving the work.
- Demonstrated ability to see color. May need to pass standardized color test.
- Ability to use image enhancement software.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to lift up to 45 pounds following ergonomic standards.
- Ability to work at the appropriate pace within the production team.
- Ability to adapt to various situations, tasks and people.
- Ability to adapt to continuous change with motivation and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work in a dark environment.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques and/or knowledge of the production environment.
The physical requirements described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties and responsibilities.
When performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, bend, squat, climb, kneel, crawl, twist, balance, reach, use hands and fingers to perform repetitive tasks and assemble/disassemble equipment. The employee must be able to frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds (and occasionally lift and move up to 45 pounds).
- High School Diploma or GED
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.