Lead Software Engineer
At Shutterfly, we make life’s experiences unforgettable. We believe there is extraordinary power in the self-expression. That’s why our family of brands helps customers create products and capture moments that reflect who they uniquely are.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our team! In this role, The Lead Software Engineer is a technical leader in a broader Engineering team with oversight and ownership of other Engineers implementation of business systems. They are active in leading the development of new applications and modifying existing computer information systems. This role is engaged throughout the application development lifecycle, providing technical expertise, to analyze, design, develop, test and support applications. The Lead Software Engineer ensures business and technical requirements are met.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Collaborate on and supports the creation of application architecture
- Ensures compliance with development and architecture standards
- Conduct and participate in specification/design reviews and code reviews
- Work with development teams to resolve development and implementation issues
- Code, test, and debug software modules
- Lead stakeholder demo meetings and ensures documentation is created and maintained
- Troubleshoot and quickly solve problems found in a production environment
- Leverage and builds technology knowledge to act as a subject matter expert
- Safeguard all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is always kept confidential
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- 10+ years in Java software development, developing and designing full-stack applications
- 6+ years in AWS cloud services
- 4+ years in java script UI frameworks like Angular or React
- 4+ years working in a cross-functional agile environment
- 3+ years leading offshore resources in development of micro-services
It is helpful, but not required to have:
- Experience in Event based programming
- Experience in GIT, Bamboo, Bit Bucket and CI/CD pipelines
- Strong technical knowledge of the business specific functional/operational areas and IT technologies involved.
- Ability to design, prototype and assess architecture solutions.
- Knowledge of data privacy issues and laws.
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
The compensation package for this role is based on multiple factors, such as job level, responsibilities,
location, and candidate experience. The base pay ranges included below are specific to the locations
listed, and may not be applicable to other locations.
California : [$96,600-136,050]
Connecticut, New York, and Rhode Island: [$96,600-124,600]
Colorado and Washington: [$96,600-115,750]
This position may be eligible for a bonus incentive, health benefits, a 401K program, and other employee
perks. More details about our company benefits can be found at https://shutterflyinc.com/benefits/.