Senior Bindery & Finishing Operator - Relocation Assistance May Be Available to AZ, TX, or MN
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Relocation assistance may be available to Plano, TX, Tempe, AZ, or Shakopee, MN!
Reasons you'll love working at Shutterfly:
- Health & Safety is our top priority
- Competitive hourly pay and regular opportunity for Overtime
- Competitive Benefits starting on your first day of employment (Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, STD/LTD, and more)
- Paid Time Off (3 weeks to start) & Paid Holidays
- On-the-job training and career development
- Climate controlled, state-of-the-art facilities
- Casual, relaxed attire
- On-site amenities include a gym, game room, free beverages, etc.
- Up to $2,500 in free Shutterfly merchandise and huge discounts
What you'll do here:
- Operate and maintain high speed Bindery and Finishing equipment including Muller Martini (Acoro, Alegro, Diamant, Horauf, Vareo, Merit, Sigma), MBO cutters, Standard Horizon finishing equipment, LaserMax, and other equipment including UV Coaters, sewers, stitchers, cutters, laminators, etc.
- Serve as the owner of equipment in the department, providing tech support, performing pit stops and preventative maintenance, unassisted
- Train other Operators, fill in for Leads as needed, and potentially travel to other company sites
- Ensure JSA’s are accurate and up to date, including ongoing support and mentorship
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with others, cross-functionally and act as a mentor on the team
- Escalate for critical equipment & decision-making needs
The skills you'll bring:
- Highly skilled in operation of high-speed Bindery and Finishing equipment as well as high voltage equipment (480V), with a minimum of 7 years OR equivalent experience (technical certifications preferred)
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve equipment issues as well as perform and document routine preventative maintenance, unassisted
- Basic understanding of the following principles: Pneumatics, Mechanical, PLC, ACDC Drives, Multimeter basics, Basic Electricity & Electronics, Lock Out Tag Out
- Ability to match or detect subtle differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness
- A methodical “procedure-oriented” approach to tasks and affinity for detail for quality control purposes
- Experience working in a 24/7 environment and must be willing to work on all shifts, as needed, stand for 12 hours+, lift up to 50 lbs., crouch, kneel, reach, bend and do repetitive actions