Sr. Software Applications Engineer II
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
As an Sr. Android Mobile Developer at Shutterfly Israel you’ll have an opportunity to work on innovative mobile projects that would impact tens of millions of people's lives. The team you would work with is small and agile, with talented people, who are proud of what they have built, yet eager to keep improving it for our customers. The team has released three mobile apps, Shutterfly for iPhone, Shutterfly for Android and Shutterfly for iPad, and all of them have received very positive reviews.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated innovative thinker who cares for our customers' happiness, the quality of the app and the service, as well as the quality of the code. You will be involved in a discussion on what our customers really want to achieve. You will work with a UX/UI designer to achieve their goals in an iterative way. You will work with back-end developers to design/improve remote APIs to make the innovative design happen. You will often read users' reviews to gain better perspective for improvement.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- 2-4 years experience building Android applications that are available in the App Store
- Strong understanding of MVVM pattern, and other object oriented patterns/concepts
- Demonstrated skills in writing high-quality, readable, well-architected and efficient code
- Experience with version control (we use git)
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies (we are half-Agile, half-lean)
- Experience with remote API - mobile client interactions in a UI driven software development, and ability to design and optimize them
- Excellent communication skills
- Open source contributions
- User experience design skills