Senior Product Analyst
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
The Senior Product Analyst will partner with Shutterfly’s Product Management team to identify, define and answer key questions, providing actionable insights that can drive Product Innovation and Optimization. The individual will ensure the correct measurements are defined and instrumented. The individual will also be responsible for analysis when projects launch. This role requires an individual with strong analytical skills, E-commerce or similar experience, excellent communications skills, and ability to synthesize and simplify complex issues. This is a great opportunity to play a key leadership role in helping the Product team become a world-class data and insights-driven team.
What You'll Do Here:
- Serve as data and analytics platform expert and process owner, leader, and motivator on a cross-functional team.
- Answer key Product questions: define analytics approach, retrieve and manipulate data needed to perform analysis, and deliver actionable insights to Product Management team.
- Build and maintain domain expertise in relevant data sets and be able to think strategically about what data is critical to capture. Create a process to ensure new project launches with proper tracking.
- Collaborate with Product managers in developing A/B test plans for new features and workflows.
- Create, maintain and publish KPI Dashboards for Product Management team; automating and enabling team members to self-serve whenever possible.
- Establish collaborative working relationship with cross-functional business partners across Product, Engineering, Design; coordinate with other Analysts; work with data engineers to define data requirements, participate and share findings with the broader Analyst community at Shutterfly.
The Skills You'll Bring:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in quantitative field and 8+ years of progressive experience in an analytical role in ecommerce, finance, strategy consulting, internet marketing, decision support, or related field
- Thorough understanding of Internet and Mobile App data collection and metrics. Should be able to relate to standard marketing and ecommerce metrics like conversion rates, response rates, lift, ROAS, and ROI.
- Proficient with SQL (aggregate functions, joins etc.); Excel power user; experience with Adobe Analytics or another web analytics platform; Tableau knowledge desired. Experience working with large datasets
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills; comfortable presenting to all levels of a global organization and to different stakeholders, in person and via tele conference. Able to influence senior leadership with data backed recommendations.
- Detail oriented with ability to independently validate / triangulate data and analysis.
- Proactive with an interest in improving processes and creating efficiencies.
- Curious about what drives business trends; demonstrated capacity to learn, intellectual honesty and independent thinking. Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment. Passion for excellence and continuous improvement