Area Operations Manager
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, events, and churches.
Area Operations Manager
Provides leadership for all aspects of the area’s photography operations, staff, and equipment to ensure high-quality photography, Picture Day execution, customer service metrics and resolution. This position is accountable for all area photography and operation functions, which may include Underclass, Graduation, Commencement, Sports and Special Events. The position is located in Halifax, NS.
- Provides leadership to all area photography and operations to ensure successful execution of all functions including implementation of photography programs, photographic quality, photography schedules, equipment management, productivity, scheduling, operations procedures, host facing, customer service, account retention, and territory budget.
- Staff planning, seasonal workforce planning, hiring, onboarding, employee retention, training and development, supervising and coaching staff, performance reviews, regulatory compliance, executing and monitoring established goal objectives, payroll reporting, policy interpretation and implementation, employee relations, and day-to-day performance management.
- Works closely with the Regional Director of Sales and the Regional Photographic Operations Manager to ensure the area is aligned in all company processes and procedures with effective use of resources, identifying opportunities to strengthen area performance, and executing improvement initiatives.
- Manages the area budget (both fixed and variable) in collaboration with Field Finance and the Area Sales Manager; regularly monitors performance and takes prompt, corrective action as appropriate.
- Responsible for the best utilization of company resources and maximization of productivity for high-quality, positive Picture Day experiences - including the utilization of the Picture Day Report Cards as a data point for performance feedback, development, and improvement.
- Provides direction and guidance to Operations Manager/Supervisor from booking process through APO/job setup, data management, and production tasks as well as customer service in congruence with standard operating procedures and best practices.
- Provides direction to Photography Manager/supervisor for the management of photographic quality and photographer feedback programs; employing techniques that build the teamwork required to support business needs in congruence with standard operating procedures and best practices.
- Ensures execution of the following: photography and operations training and initiatives, territory and company updates, both employee and account retention initiatives, and employee recognition. Ensures participation in all eligible company programs.
- Accountable to metrics related to operations and photography.
- Collaborates with the territory Sales team, Sales Support and Photo Operations team to ensure positive and productive working relationships
- Demonstrates care and concern for workplace safety and health by promoting and modelling all safety rules and guidelines.
- Ensures compliance with all Company policies within the Region.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May require travelling to various territory or satellite offices.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of related education and experience.
- 7+ years of experience working in an operations management position.
- Multi-location management experience.
- Experience with managing a remote workforce.
- Proven experience in working and managing a seasonal business and hiring seasonal talent.
- Experience in managing the operations of a multi-million dollar sales volume
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience setting and executing strategic plans.
- Proven ability to hire the best talent and coach direct reports to do the same.
- Can effectively set priorities for self and others in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to influence positive outcomes.
- Proven track record of managing and effectively leading through change
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Proven computer skills including using Google platform and Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong financial acumen and ability to manage to budget plan.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel