Software Engineer I
At Shutterfly, our purpose is to share life’s joy by connecting people to what matters as the leading platform for personalized products.
Shutterfly’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users will purchase personalized products. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas.
Our Haifa Engineering team is developing products across all Shutterflystack. As an engineer in our team you will work on products that affect millions of users using variety of technologies including large scale systems, big data problems and complex networking technologies. We are looking for a full stack engineer to join our mobile backend team.
- Help develop the next-generation of Shutterfly smart product creation services
- Debug, maintain and improve the backend infrastructure running on AWS, enhancing its ability to process millions of images per day
- Analyze, design and develop scalable services and components in the AWS Cloud
- Design and build flexible pipelines that can rapidly evolve to handle new technologies and modeling approaches
- Take full ownership of projects from conception through to production
- Turn requirements into simple, elegant, optimal solutions
- Work with team members and other groups to achieve company goals
Skills And Qualifications
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science
- 3+ year as a Java developer, working on a highly-scalable system
- Spring framework experience is required.
- Knowledge of code architecture and design patterns
- Experience with working over Linux OS
- Positive 'can-do' team player
- Experience in Backend architecture
- Excellent internal (how-it-works) understanding of one or more open source framework
- Ability to own features from envisioning to deploying, working independently with stakeholders, and collaborating with other developers
- Self-learner, passionate for providing technical guidance, applying best-practices and “making things better”
Bonus points for:
- Experience in cloud computing and/or AWS services
- Experience in other language like Node.JS
- Experience in Frontend development
- Participated in an end-to-end big data and/or large-scale performance challenge
- Experience developing and working with RESTful web services and client-server architectures
- Experience with one or more of the following: Natural Language Processing, text understanding, classification, pattern recognition, recommendation systems, targeting systems, ranking systems or similar.