Sr. Finance Manager - Technology function
Shutterfly is the market leader in transforming digital media to physical product. We are seeking a person with the “Big-Picture” in mind who can drill down into the details in order to demonstrate, convince, and influence business partners, FP&A colleagues, and Accounting staff. Our engineers have hundreds of ideas which need a financial foundation.
Shutterfly and Lifetouch are the market leaders in transforming digital media to physical product. Shutterfly sits at the epicenter of multiple fast-growing secular trends within E-Commerce, while Lifetouch, with its large network of photographers nationwide, capture life’s memories.
We are looking for a Finance professional, with the “Big-Picture” in mind, who can drill down into the details in order to demonstrate and influence Technology and Development business partners, FP&A colleagues, and Accounting staff that a given idea, method, or investment is good for Shutterfly’s shareholders.
This Sr. Manager role will require a meticulous, hands-on, results-driven, and strategic leader with strong analytical skills, knowledge of systems, as well as high degree of business acumen with a strong understanding of financial and accounting concepts.
In addition, this role asks for passion to find new ways and ideas to improve our customer and employee satisfaction.
- Partner with Tech & Dev leadership to define relevant KPIs and establish a framework for ongoing reporting and analysis; incorporate into ROI and spend models to guide investment decisions
- Lead month-end close activities, forecasting, budgeting, financial reporting, and ad hoc analyses in order to assist senior leadership with headcount and OPEX management. analyzing account and project variances between actuals to forecasts / budgets and then creating new monthly forecasts and annual budgets and strategies with your business partners. Estimates for accruals and re-classes need to be made on a regular basis to ensure the accuracy and completeness of our financial closings.
- Develop reporting packages & dashboards for financial & business review meetings that succinctly summarize key insights on historical performance as well as provide recommendations on actionable insights to enable business partners to act
- Provide analytical support and monitor key performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of changes. Conduct deep dives when observing abnormal trends
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders in Tech and Dev as well as Shutterfly business segments teams (Consumer and Lifetouch)
- Identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve, automate, and scale forecasting and reporting tools, processes, and methodologies
- Perform ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
Trust is earned. It is earned through weighing the alternatives, risks, and making a judgment which others respect. Communication is the foundation of developing this bond with your business partners, vendors, and peers. This role requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as at times Sr. Manager will present directly to the Executive team and The Board of Directors.
Our engineers have hundreds of ideas which need a financial foundation. Sr. Manager will structure their ideas in such a way that both the quantifiable (cash flow, IRR, NPV…) and the qualitative (improved customer satisfaction, reduced employee downtime, security…) values are highlighted and prioritized for the final decision-makers. An important part of our engineers’ work is managing the cloud. Prior cloud management experience is a plus.
Shutterfly is continually evolving its organizations, products, and support systems. This role will build effective and efficient procedures and routines to support these system changes. Knowing Oracle, Excel Pivot and Powerpivot functions are a plus.
Experience and Qualification
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other related discipline. MBA or CPA a plus, but not required
- Minimum 10 years of broad-based, progressive financial analysis and planning experience
- Experience supporting Engineering Executive or Technology and Development team a plus
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.