Desktop Systems Specialist II
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
**Please note when applying: This role is not open to remote work and must be on-site in our Tempe, Arizona facility**
Provide technical assistance and support to end users on a variety of issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware. Must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. Document, track and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Accountability - Demonstrates an understanding of the link between one’s own job responsibilities and overall organizational goals and needs and performs one’s job with the broader goals in mind.
- Customer Focus - Demonstrates concern for meeting end-user needs and providing top notch service.
- Decision Making - Makes good decisions using a combination of analysis, knowledge, experience, and judgment. Analyzes and distinguishes core problems by looking at the symptoms.
- Interpersonal Relationships – Must demonstrate appropriate and professional behavior at all times. Uses a high degree of tact and diplomacy in working with others.
- Results Focused - Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence, shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Solid knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot and manage Microsoft applications and environments including O365, Active Directory, etc.
- Proficient in providing support for and troubleshooting connectivity issues both for users in the office and those working remotely (including ISP, VPN, A/V, etc.).
- Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot a variety of hardware and software problems.
- Provides Remote Support to end users; Troubleshoots and resolves issues or escalates ticket to higher level staff.
- Provide and document policies and procedures for the team.
- Develop and implement Service Desk solutions to improve efficiency, productivity, and user experience.
- Support projects throughout the organization that include changes to our IT environment.
- Ticket handling and walk-up support.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Associate Degree in Computer Science or related field, preferred, or 2 – 3 years equivalent, relevant experience.
- 3+ years desktop support experience and knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Mac OS.
- 3+ years Office365 administration experience.
- 2+ years Active Directory experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Teams, ServiceNow, and TeamViewer a huge plus.
- Demonstrated experience of continuously expanding and leveraging knowledge of technology, market, and industry trends with success in identifying, recommending, and implementing best practices and methodologies.
- Ability to be flexible with tasks during major outages and to work overtime as needed.
- Proficient in O365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, SharePoint, service delivery management tools such as ServiceNow and related cloud-based technology systems.
- Certifications and education will be strongly taken into consideration.
Key Non-Technical Skills:
- The ability to work in a team environment, but can work through technical issues on their own with minimal guidance
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with non-technical users in a positive, polite, and supportive way.