Order Expediter 3
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Shift: Monday-Thursday 4am-4pm
Hours may vary during peak seasons. Flexibility to work weekends as needed.
This position is responsible for working with manufacturing and support teams to monitor workflows, assure that customer orders are delivered within promise date and audit processes across product lines. This role will work closely with the manufacturing teams on an operator, lead and manager level as well as the teams that support manufacturing like safety, quality and other technical resources. The ideal candidate will be adept at assessing daily workloads, prioritizing those daily tasks and then executing on them. They should be able to communicate plans effectively to team members on a regular cadence throughout the shift to assure successful execution by shift end.
- Research and solve production order issues
- Escalate systematic issues to appropriate production support teams
- Support continuous improvement efforts to improve key performance indicators
- Assist customer service with priority orders
- Work with production team to prioritize & schedule work, especially during peak production times
- Utilize manufacturing systems to pull production data and provide reports to key stakeholders
- Provide feedback throughout the new product implementation process
- Subject matter expert in manufacturing systems and support training
- Build relationships and influence cross-functional teams in supporting client commitments
- Ability to accurately report production numbers and quickly distinguish discrepancies within reporting. Be able to advise production on quality standards when necessary. Assist in communicating quality standards during new product launches.
- Learn new workflows, systems, and products within a project schedule
- Proven ability to coordinate data and present in an effective manner to multiple internal customers.
- Intelligent/ high aptitude/ quick learner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications, especially Excel
- Able to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 40 lbs., mobility to crouch, kneel, reach, bend and do repetitive actions
- Ability to multi-task and complete daily tasks by established deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work experience within a manufacturing environment preferred, but not required
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately in teams as well as individually
- Experience analyzing data to drive problem solving activities
- Ability to learn existing processes while also identifying ways to improve them
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills