Director, Program Management
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly is the leader in personalized photo products and services, connecting you with family and friends by sharing your photos in creative and innovative ways. With this brand, our customers can create lasting keepsakes such as award-winning photo books, customized stationary for life’s biggest occasions, and unique home décor.
What You'll Do Here:
- Collaborate across the business to define product and technical strategy to support the business' objectives, drives strategy and direction within the functional team, and throughout the business.
- Provides strategic leadership for all consumer programs by developing organization-wide objectives and practices to ensure that the scope, business case, objectives, milestones and success metrics for portfolio of projects are well defined, understood, measured and reported effectively.
- Understand the interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs and lead cross-roadmap/portfolio dependencies and drive trade-off decisions with the 1-2 year plan
- Manage a team of senior program managers to ensure adoption of standards and procedures governing the practice of project management and execution of the project portfolio
- Define key metrics for measuring resource capacity, project valuation, cost, risk, status and performance
- Provide up-to-date, accurate, meaningful views of project status and drive on-time delivery of projects and programs
- Identify and raise portfolio issues and risks for mitigation, resolution or escalation to the appropriate level on a timely basis. Foster accountability of cross-functional team leads to resolve project issues and ensure project success
- Execute wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical work, in a way that best supports business strategy. Champion and coach teams towards best practices
- Ensure that cross-functional team leads have a clear understanding of RASCI for delivering project, goals, deliverables, and issues
- Conduct project post-mortems and continuous improvement sessions
The Skills You'll Bring
- 10+ years of program management experience on progressively more complex projects
- 5+ years of leading and managing people
- 4+ years of experience in Agile transformation and working knowledge of various agile methodologies, with demonstrated experience in at least one.
- High competency and knowledge in software engineering, product development, and general business processes
- enterprise-wide product development involving cross-functional teams in business, operations and technical domains
- Naturally organized, analytical and detailed oriented. Energetic self-starter passionate about professional integrity and excellence with a positive attitude and contagious enthusiasm
- Strong relationship building/partnering skills and the ability to work with varying levels of individual contributors and management. Comfortable presenting to executives
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!