Senior Program Manager
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
The Program Management Office (PMO) is the team that provides program management services to key engineering and manufacturing initiatives, including scrum masters as necessary. It is the authoritative source for best practices, standards, guidance and metrics on the practice and execution of Agile project and program management. We are seeking a key contributor to own and lead programs and portfolios of projects and assist in the development of the PMO as a department. The ideal candidate should have an extensive background using the Agile methodology within project and program management supporting various x-functional deployments.
• Ensure adoption of standards and procedures governing the practice of project management and execution of the project portfolio
• Champion and integrate the scrum methodology into project management best practices.
• Ensure that the scope, business case, objectives and success metrics for projects are well defined, understood, measured and reported effectively
• Define key metrics for measuring resource capacity, project valuation, cost, risk, status and performance across Shutterfly engineering
Key Skills and Experience:
• 5+ years of project management experience on progressively more complex projects
• Software Engineering or Technical experience highly preferred
• Experience project managing large, enterprise-wide product development projects involving cross-functional teams across operations and technical domains
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills are absolutely required
• Strong relationship building/partnering skills and the ability to work with varying levels of individual contributors and management. Comfortable presenting to executives
• Experienced in combining the best of Agile and Waterfall practices (Hybrid approach to Project Management)
BA/BS required, preferably in computer science or engineering. Formal project management training is a plus but hands-on experience is highly preferred.