Cost Accounting Manager
At Shutterfly, we make life’s experiences unforgettable. We believe there is extraordinary power in the self-expression. That’s why our family of brands helps customers create products and capture moments that reflect who they uniquely are.
Shutterfly is continuing to scale and grow its accounting and reporting organization – and we are looking for an ambitious Cost Accounting Manager who wants to make an immediate impact. This position will report to our Director of Cost Accounting.
The Cost Accounting Manager will be responsible for actively managing the monthly close process by adhering to the closing calendar and Company policies and procedures, while working cross-functionally with other colleagues, to deliver on-time and accurate monthly financials with analyses and commentary. The Cost Accounting Manager will work cooperatively with all levels of the business including operations, marketing, engineering, executives, and outside relationships including auditors and vendor relationships. The Cost Accounting Manager will also review account reconciliations and journal entries in accordance with monthly close calendar and GAAP requirements. The position will supervise three senior cost accountants and one staff accountant.
Assist in preparation of quarterly Excess and Obsolete analysis in accordance with Company policies
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all components of cost accounting center of excellence for the organization.
- Review of all JEs, reconciliations, reports produced by team to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Ensures compliance with corporate internal control policies and procedures
- Interacts in a positive manner with functional peer groups to meet organizational and company objectives
- Works with internal and external auditors during reviews and audits to ensure full cooperation from accounting staff and compliance with all qualified requests in a timely manner
- Attracts, hires, retains, organizes, develops, manages, recognizes, and rewards a motivated workforce capable of achieving short- and long-range business objectives within company policies and procedures
- Assist in preparation of quarterly Excess and Obsolete analysis in accordance with Company policy
- Preparation of month and quarter-end reports and various ad hoc support
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or advanced degree in accounting
- CPA designation or working towards being a CPA is a plus
- 5 – 10 years of related accounting experience with a combination of public and private accounting background preferred
- Strong cost accounting and supply chain experience is a plus
- Proficiency with enterprise software such as SAP
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, be proactive and well organized
- At least 4 years experience in managing small to large teams
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and presentation skills
- Experience successfully managing the month-end closing process is required. Must demonstrate a proven track record of process improvement and successful cross-functional teamwork
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.