Director, Product Management - Delivery Platforms
For more than 80 years, Lifetouch has been the professional photography company of choice for schools and families. While photography sessions may look different this year, our goal is still the same – to ensure families receive this essential photography service to continue to capture life’s memories. Lifetouch was acquired by Shutterfly in 2018 – this acquisition brings together Shutterfly’s strengths as the leader in personalized photo-based products and photo storage with Lifetouch’s position as the leader in school and family photography.
There is an exciting opportunity to lead the transformation for how we simplify and standardize our platforms. We are looking for a Product Director of Lifetouch’s Delivery Platforms to oversee how we operate across all of Lifetouch’s lines of business and create a much more flexible and scalable ecosystem for future growth. This includes platforms across picture day setup, ordering, proof creation and delivery. The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who dreams of architecture diagrams – you love to look at a process flow of how systems connect and identify what works, what doesn’t, and how we simplify and streamline for the future. You’re focused on our customers, but you can go deep into technical details with Engineers on microservices, graphQL layers, SLAs, and more. You recognize that we need to solve for today but build for the future, unconstrained by the way things have worked in the past.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the strategy and execution for Lifetouch’s purchasing journeys, bringing together disparate sites across our schools, yearbook, and studio businesses.
- Be the product owner in an agile scrum team focused on delivering features related to product and package selection.
- Clearly define user stories, groom the backlog and communicate the needs of our users to design and engineering teams.
- Define a test & learn strategy of experimentation and partner with the analytics resources to roll out and measure success.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers’ needs through both quantitative and qualitative research.
- Effectively communicate needs to others and proactively develop solutions that meet needs and drive objectives.
- Lead with an external perspective, understanding other sites / apps that do an effective job of addressing similar business challenges.
- Manage a team ensuring they are given opportunities to ideate, deliver and grow in their role.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of Product Management experience
- 3+ years people management
- Experience designing test & learn experiments and interpreting the data to drive decision making and feature rollouts
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
- Demonstrated skills in Adobe
- Experience working with agile scrum teams to bring new features to market
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to rally teams towards a vision and plan
- Ability to communicate very technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Drive results across highly complex, matrixed teams and systems
- Willingness to see beyond what currently exists – knowing that what may have worked today might not be true tomorrow
- Ability to influence teams not directly under your authority
- Stellar organizational skills to keep all teams on track
- Highly collaborative nature – you love bringing others along on the journey
- Have an enthusiastic, curious, and optimistic attitude towards projects – with a sense of humor when things don’t go as planned