Sr. UI Developer II
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products.
Join us in that mission by helping to architect a design system that will change the way Shutterfly designs, builds, and releases software.Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly is the leader in personalized photo products and services, connecting you with family and friends by sharing your photos in creative and innovative ways. With this brand, our customers can create lasting keepsakes such as award-winning photo books, customized stationary for life’s biggest occasions, and unique home décor.
What You'll Do Here:
You will help build the Shutterfly Inc. design system from the ground up, taking designed components and translating them into shareable component definitions.
You will be a developer liaison working with other engineering teams to help them translate those definitions into front-end, reusable components.
You will be a key part of the UX design team, contributing to design discussions, brainstorms, and feedback sessions.
You will be an ardent stickler for pixel-perfect designs and implementations, holding us all to the highest standard.The Skills You’ll Bring
- Experience building and contributing to a design system
- Great collaboration and communication skills
- System design & architect with experience building to scale
- Experience mentoring teams, driving adoption, and platform evangelization
- Experience with build tools such as Maven or npm/yarn
- Love to build high quality code with efficiency, compatibility, and maintainability in mind
- Experience working with Sketch or InVision (bonus)