eCommerce Merchandising Manager
By helping to capture, preserve, and share life’s joy, Shutterfly connects people to what matters. With a focus on improving our customer engagement and personalization capabilities, we want to further this mission. This role will be highly visible across the company to deliver against strategic capabilities. You’ll operate in an agile team that is adaptable, quick moving, and cross functional to deliver best-in-class marketing personalization experiences for millions of customers.
The eCommerce Merchandising Manager is responsible for defining the content and merchandising strategies (across desktop web, mobile web and mobile app) that are consistent with business goals and delivers a relevant and personalized customer experience.
How will you make an impact?
This person will have demonstrated skill with online merchandising and digital marketing personalization, tools and processes for website management as well as an understanding of website analytics. This position reports to the Director eCommerce Merchandising and works closely with the Category Managers, Merchandising, Marketing & Ecommerce Operations teams, as well as partnering with CIA, Product Management, UX and Engineering.
Your success will be because you are/have...
- Deep knowledge of eCommerce best practices including personalization capabilities.
- Proven experience in developing and executing content and merchandising plans.
- Experience driving day to day optimization and digital revenue growth.
- Passionate about the customer with a strong interest in understanding and driving user behavior.
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable working with large data sets and making data-driven decisions.
- Experience using Adobe Analytics
- Partners well cross-functionally and develops efficient processes for feedback and collaboration. Leads but also builds consensus as needed.
- Able to think both creatively and critically in making strategic decisions; innovative – can imagine the possibilities, isn’t constrained by current capabilities.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and developing new solutions, capabilities and processes.
- 10 years of experience in merchandising, marketing or eCommerce for top-tier consumer brands; MBA a plus
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic record
- Define the site strategies across platforms and identify areas to improve conversion based on a deep understanding of site metrics, industry best practices, the target customer, the competitive landscape, brand and business goals.
- Define and drive opportunities for optimization and improvements in customer journey across the site.
- Develop the merchandising strategy and plan the content to enable relevant and personalized experience through the web site experience.
- Support the creative development process for ecommerce; provide feedback at creative reviews to ensure creative and messaging meets the business goals.
- Analyze performance, provide insights and drive day to day optimization across all platforms.
- Drive innovation and optimization through testing and application of eCommerce best practices.
- Stay abreast of competition and emerging online trends