Senior Backend Developer Typescript (U.S. Remote)
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Spoonflower’s mission is to inspire individuals to make, buy and sell unique products built around color and pattern. Our e-commerce website makes it possible for individuals to create, sell, and shop for unique fabrics, wallpaper, and home decor, such as bedding and table linens. As a part of the Shutterfly family of brands, Spoonflower increases the depth and breadth of what people can create, customize, and buy by connecting Shutterfly users to more than 1 million designs by independent artists in the Spoonflower global marketplace.
We are seeking a Senior Backend Developer to help us build out our product offering and develop new features and functionality for our global e-commerce website.
As a Senior Backend Developer, you will belong to an organization with full autonomy and accountability to evolve the platform, make key technical decisions and partner with product managers and designers to deliver business value. The ideal candidate should be able to provide meaningful collaboration, work well with engineering, product, marketing and design teams and be excited for the opportunity to contribute directly to the development and maintenance of Spoonflower's technology and community.
What You'll Do Here
- Develop new features and functionality for E-commerce and 3rd party marketplace integrations
- Continuously improve, refactor, and modernize the codebase
- Monitor quality, optimize performance, and develop test coverage and methodologies for continuous code release
- Adhere to and support the agile software development methodology employed within the engineering team
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior developers
The Skills You'll Bring
- 6-10+ years of programming experience
- 2+ years of experience in Typescript or another statically typed language
- Data modeling and data architecture experience
- Familiarity with the AWS services, including but not limited to: RDS, SNS, SQS, EC2
- Experience with functional programming is a plus
Colorado only*- This position has a minimum salary of $89,300 You may also be offered a bonus and benefits. Details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: Benefits at Shutterfly
*Note: Disclosure of the minimum salary is required for this role when being hired in Colorado (SB19-085)
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.