Production Designer, Creative Product Studio
Are you someone who loves producing high-quality creative in a fast-paced environment? Do you live for bringing creative concepts to life with your technical expertise and attention to detail? Do you enjoy creative collaboration, but are comfortable working solo? Then we need you.
We are a Creative Department seeking a Production Designer to join our in-house Creative Production Studio and provide quick turnaround requests of ecommerce marketing assets without compromising quality. As part of the creative team the Production Designer will support digital and print projects focused on direct mail, email, display ads, site updates, mobile and social media.
The ideal candidate is a Photoshop master manipulator, has prior ecommerce and digital design experience and the ability to hit the ground running. Designers on our team are enthusiastic and thrive in a high-volume, quick turnaround environment. You must be able to take direction and be able to effectively collaborate with teammates across disciplines to clarify requirements, goals, expectations, and timelines. You’re an organized multitasker with a deep respect for process.
This is a Mid-level role within a total team of 5. Excellent communication skills are essential for this position. This role reports into the Manager, Creative Production Studio.
- Create assets across all of our channels: direct mail, app, web, display, social, and other digital touchpoints
- Support the Creative Team, and partner with copywriters to bring the brand and seasonal expression to life in all projects produced out of the Creative Production Studio
- Dedication to ensuring efficient, high quality and timely production of designs
- Juggle a mix of quick-turnaround projects, often with overlapping priorities and urgency
- Make various formats of supplied assets production-ready and resolve any asset issues that arise during production
- Build and maintain working files inside a collaborative file structure
- Show professionalism in all aspects of your daily tasks
- Be self-motivated, flexible and able to thrive in ambiguity
- Continually adopt new tools and practices as the work evolves
- Manage work tasks, functions and time sheet using department’s project management tool
- 4-year Bachelor Degree in Design, Advertising or Fine Arts
- 2-5+ years’ experience designing for digital marketing, with a focus on digital channels
- Portfolio to example your skills and aesthetic
- Portfolio must show example of a digital manipulation or photo composite (before and after)
- Agency experience a plus
- Excellent type and layout skills paired with a strong design aesthetic
- Mobile design experience is a must
- Must have expert Adobe CC skills
- Conversant with Sketch, InVision, and Zeplin
- Web dev understanding / abilities is a plus
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly organized with a clear and responsive communication style
- Great attention to detail
- Animation or motion graphics a plus
About Shutterfly’s Creative Department
Shutterfly’s Creative Department concepts campaigns, directs photo shoots, scripts videos and executes creative campaigns that execute across catalog, email, site, print, and social media. We work with our internal marketing partners, GM and other organizations ensure our creative work is effective and distinctive from the competition.