Sr. Tax Analyst
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
This position will interface with personnel at various levels of the Company as well as external partners. This position will primarily be responsible for assistance with the preparation of ASC 740 supporting workpapers and regular tax compliance.
What You'll Do Here:
- Assist with preparation of ASC 740 supporting work papers including analysis for book/tax differences, deferred provisions, provision to return true up, effective tax rate reconciliation, uncertain tax position analysis, and footnote disclosures.
- Assist with preparation of federal, state and local tax return workpapers
- Assist with income tax audit support
- Knowledge of city/local income tax return compliance a plus
- Draft responses to state notices
- Liaise with internal departments (Finance, Legal, HR, etc.) and business unit team members to assist with various domestic and foreign income tax filing obligations
- Assist in developing and maintaining internal control procedures and documentation
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, and Masters degree in Taxation a plus
- At least 5 years of relevant tax experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; must be comfortable connecting with and communicating with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Highly detail oriented with exceptionally strong judgment and unimpeachable integrity
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and involve others as required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, including pivot tables and Vlookup formulas required, Powerpoint) and Google Docs)
- Oracle, SAP, Lawson, Thomson One Source experience preferred
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!