Lead Equipment Technician - All Shifts (Full Time)
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
1st - Mon-Wed: 5 am - 5 pm + every other Thurs (WEEKDAY – DAYS)
2nd - Mon-Wed: 5 pm - 5 am + every other Thurs (WEEKDAY – NIGHTS)
3rd - Fri-Sun: 5 am - 5 pm + every other Thurs (WEEKEND – DAYS)
4th - Fri-Sun: 5 pm - 5 am + every other Thurs (WEEKEND – NIGHTS)
Reasons you'll love working at Shutterfly:
- Health & Safety is our top priority
- Competitive hourly pay and regular opportunity for Overtime
- Paid Time Off (3 weeks to start) & Paid Holidays
- On-the-job training and career development
- Annual Performance Reviews with opportunity for pay increases
- Coolest co-workers in town!
- Climate controlled, state-of-the-art facilities
- Casual, relaxed attire
- Competitive Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, STD/LTD, and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site amenities include a gym, game room, free beverages, etc.
- Up to $2,500 in free Shutterfly merchandise and huge discounts
What you'll do here:
- Perform electrical, mechanical, chemical, and consumables diagnostics and repair of equipment including but not limited to, Digital Presses or Bindery/Finishing equipment (HP Indigo & T-410, Muller Martini bindery equipment, Standard Horizon finishing equipment, LaserMax, UV Coaters, stitchers, cutters, laminators, etc.)
- Lead and participate in Process/Equipment Improvement Projects and partner with R&D team to perform tests and create reports
- Training and direction of Technicians, including assist with troubleshooting and repair across all shifts
- Partner with Technical & Facilities Manager on Technician labor scheduling and lead the team in the absence of the Technical Manager
- Dismantle, adjust, repair and assemble equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, and technical drawings.
- Execute audits, work with vendors to schedule upgrades and escalate equipment issues, and perform high-level repair and evaluation of new equipment & software
- Partners with production staff and management team to ensure optimum equipment “up-time” levels are achieved to ensure success of production team.
- Inventory control, purchasing, parts tracking, and scheduling Preventative Maintenance
- Must be able to accurately track, manage and provide reports on projects
- Deployment, documentation and training for new equipment
The Skills you'll bring:
- Highly skilled in planning, performing and leading maintenance of high speed equipment listed above
- Minimum 1+ year of experience working in a as a lead in a Print Technician/repair environment
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization, provide positive feedback to team members and provide insightful input and suggestions for team success
- Technical certifications for relevant equipment preferred
- Experience planning, performing and documenting routine technical maintenance, unassisted
- Experience performing maintenance on high voltage equipment (480V)
- Experience working in a 24/7 environment and must be willing to work on all shifts, as needed
- Able to stand for long periods of time (12 hours+), lift up to 50 lbs., crouch, kneel, reach, bend and do repetitive actions with hands and arms
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, positive attitude and willingness to learn new things
- Able to work in a culturally diverse environment