Sr. Revenue Accountant I
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
We’re recruiting for a Senior Revenue Accountant to join our team. In that role, you will be responsible for recording and maintaining timely and accurate financial information for our consumer brands, including Shutterfly, SBS, BorrowLenses, and Groovebook. This role is best suited for a self-motivated, detail-oriented accountant who understands general ledger. This role will report to our Revenue Accounting Manager, and will be based near any of our facilities in Tempe AZ, Eden Prairie MN, Plano TX, Fort Mill SC or Redwood City CA.
What you’ll do here:
- Facilitate monthly close process, post journal entries, and complete account reconciliations, for consumer and B2B revenue streams, including deferrals for gift cards, prepaid programs and flash deals.
- Partner with Marketing, FP&A, and Manufacturing teams to ensure data and reporting optimization
- Work closely with internal/external auditors to complete quarterly reviews, year-end audit, and SOX compliance
- Track, analyze, and communicate key metrics related to marketing & advertising initiatives that are used to influence business decisions and support budget and forecast processes
- Assist with process design changes as we transition accounting ERP systems
What you’ll bring:
- BS in Accounting required, MBA or MS degree a plus
- 3+ years related experience in Accounting, revenue recognition experience a plus
- Prior SAP experience preferred but not required
- Creative problem-solving skills and relentless pursuit of process optimization
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while adhering to tight deadlines
- High proficiency in advanced MS Excel techniques
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!