Senior Android Engineer
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
We are looking for a well-rounded Android Engineer to join our team and help build an experience that allow millions of customers every day to share & transform their cherished photographs into products.
You must have a deep interest in Android development and have a solid theoretical foundation in computer science, a broad knowledge of software architecture and modular design. You will advance our Android expertise by designing, implementing and testing mobile applications for the online photo merchandising market.
What you will do here:
- Build a cutting edge photo app that brings the joy of photographs to millions of users
- Collaborate with the Product Manager, Designers, Engineers & QA Leads
- Write clean and maintainable code
- Identify bottlenecks, rectify bugs, and enhance application performance
- Implement unit and integration tests
- Be an active participant in estimating, planning, executing and monitoring quality of the project.
- Advocate for best practices in Android programming,
- Become a valued member of a distributed team
- Work from our office in Fort Collins, CO.
The Skills You'll Bring:
- 3-5 years of total development experience.
- 1-3 years of Android experience including writing Kotlin code is a plus.
- High willingness to learn new and latest Android technologies
- Able to manage and drive a feature from beginning to end with little assistance
- Able to keep track and manage external dependencies
- Shipped an Android app on Google Play. A big plus.
- Knowledge of OpenGL a plus.
- Mastery of object oriented programming & design patterns.
- Have knowledge of core areas of Android programming such as memory management, asynchronous programming, architecture components
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn the existing system quickly and with little top down management.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
If this aligns with your career goals, skills and experience - we want to work with you!
This position is classified as full-time exempt. Annual salary range: 87,500-106,900. This role is eligible for the Company's Performance Bonus Plan with details as designated by the job classification of this role. The bonus participation and payment will be subject to all the terms, conditions and restrictions of the applicable Company Performance Bonus Plan Document. Upon your date of hire you will be eligible to participate in benefit plans and programs, including Paid Time Off, Company paid holidays, 401(k), group medical and life insurance, disability benefits, and other fringe benefits in accordance with and subject to the eligibility and other provisions of such plans and programs which are governed by plan documents, and policies as amended from time to time.