At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
The Manager, Photography manages and leads all aspects of photography initiatives, staff, and equipment to ensure high-quality photography and superior customer service. This position is accountable for daily photography execution. May oversee one or more retail portrait studio locations as well. Photo Managers are expected to represent the Area and Lifetouch in a professional and positive manner while demonstrating concern for the safety of our customers (infants, children and adults) by following established safety procedures and practices.
What You'll Do Here:
- Leads the Area Photography team including establishing goals, setting clear expectations, holding Photography Supervisors, and their respective teams accountable for performance and results.
- Executes strategies and oversees all photography programs in all locations of the Area.
- Coordinates and conducts Photography Supervisor meetings regularly to provide Area updates, engage employees, introduce new Photography, Sales and/or Operations initiatives, discuss performance against metrics (wins and opportunities), etc.
- Manages and is accountable for photography labor spending and adherence to the budget, in coordination with and support of the seasonality of the business.
- Maximizes Photographer utilization and productivity by scheduling Photographers effectively as well as aligning Photographer’s skills to business and Picture Day needs/requirements.
- Drives the company’s quality standards by communicating, setting clear expectations, evaluating photography and implementing improvement efforts to ensure customer’s expectations are met or exceeded.
- Partners with Area leadership team to ensure the entire area is aligned on processes and procedures, as well as identifying opportunities to strengthen area performance and implement improvement initiatives.
- Ensures standard company training programs are delivered to all photography team members (including customer service representatives, if applicable) and follows up on the application of training content in day-to-day operations by providing feedback, recognition and additional training (if needed).
- Ensures and oversees administrative functions (e.g., ensuring compliance, ordering supplies, approving time records) are accurately completed.
- Demonstrates care and concern for workplace safety and health by promoting and modeling all safety rules and guidelines.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, manages, and trains employees, in accordance with company guidelines and processes, to build and maintain a high performing team.
- Communicates and ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures, as well as addresses non-compliance in a timely and professional manner.
- Manages and leads a team (2 or more full-time equivalents), including providing day-to-day work direction, sharing performance feedback, giving recognition and communicating effectively.
- Monitors and evaluates individual and team performance.
- Employs techniques to build teamwork in support of business needs to drive results.
- Safe-guards all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is kept confidential at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management or related field, strongly preferred.
- 3 + years of field operations or business experience, including managing the operations within a multimillion-dollar sales volume organization.
- 3 - 5 years managing and leading direct reports
- Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Demonstrated photography knowledge and experience in delivering a high-quality product and customer experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint, as well as using the Google platform.
- Demonstrated ability to set and execute operational plans.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to influence positive outcomes.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage a budget and apply financial acumen.
- Detail oriented in the execution and follow-up of work.
- Ability to manage, prioritize as well as balance and execute against multiple projects/priorities simultaneously, working efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively manage and lead change.
- Takes initiative.
- May require traveling to various locations (in the field 75% of the time during photography season).
- Possess a valid U.S. driver’s license with full use of dependable, insured automobile.