Sr. Manager Insights, Personalization
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly is the leader in personalized photo products and services, connecting you with family and friends by sharing your photos in creative and innovative ways. With this brand, our customers can create lasting keepsakes such as award-winning photo books, customized stationary for life’s biggest occasions, and unique home décor.
Do you have a high curiosity? Are you willing to immerse yourself in data in an effort to better understand customers and guide personalization through valuable customer segments? Do you enjoy collaborating and guiding different channel strategies, working with analytics and data science?
Shutterfly’s Personalization Team is seeking someone who is data-driven, can translate business goals into growth audiences, is passionate about creating an audience capability, and is results orientated. This leader will own defining, building, and creating various audience segmentations both business and model-driven across our personalization initiative. In this role, you’ll help proactively partner and influence business leaders to create consistent audience strategies, size and value audiences, guide thoughtful experimentation, and guide the creation of reporting and analytics to measure success.
What You'll Do Here:
- Execute and guide the personalization audience roadmap, including the creation of an audience data foundation and model-based strategies.
- Connect audiences with campaign strategy based on business and campaign goals
- Drive the strategy for a capability that consistently values, sizes, and prioritizes different audience segments
- Generate insights about critical audiences using 1st and 3rd party data
- Consult on A/B tests to understand the incremental messaging and promotions needed to drive reaction amongst different audiences types
- Consult on the data implementation and data needs to activate consistently across channels using various methods, including a CDP
- Collaborate effectively with product and engineering teams to connect audience data foundation work directly to engineering and product team priorities
- Collaborate effectively with CRM and Media Teams to identify audiences and build Customer focused cross-channel journeys.
- Guide the data science and analytics roadmap and collaborate with channel teams to build personalized campaigns
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- 10+ years in data and analytics, media targeting, consulting, marketing insights or related field
- Experience guiding data foundation to support efficient audience activation across channels
- Experience using a CDP to create and activate audiences
- Experience creating audiences in social, email, SMS/Push, and other channels using 1st and 3rd party data
- 3+ years in a leadership position guiding customer segmentation, marketing personalization, consumer insights, consulting or marketing analytics
- 3+ years collaborating and guiding cross-functional teams including Data Science, Analytics, Data Stewardship, Marketing, and Product/Engineering Teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Cognitive Psychology, Marketing or related field
- Strong storyteller using data to inspire cross-functional action
- Experience building financial or excel-based models to quantify value
- Analytical experience working with statistical modeling and/or data science teams (preferred)
- Basic SQL and Tableau Experience Preferred, Advanced SQL skills a plus
If this aligns with your skills and experience, we want to work with you!