Sr. Creative Services Specialist II
You know the world of digital marketing and advertising and have proven experience in helping to push innovation while level-setting expectations. Innately curious, you have experience working effectively with large cross-functional teams and are able to quickly build trusting relationships with clients and creatives. You’re seen as the voice of reason and are known for your ability to smartly prioritize work and mitigate swirl with ad hoc requests. You have proven experience in agile and waterfall environments. You’re a natural diplomat, comfortable under pressure and able to drive alignment when faced with competing priorities.
We’re a Creative Department looking for a Creative Producer to join our in-house team of ego-free misfits. Our producers, operations specialists and creatives are enthusiastic and thrive in a highly collaborative, sometimes quick-turn environment. Positive vibes only. Well, at least 93% of the time (we’re only human).
About the Role:
The Creative Producer, Personalization will be focused on collaborating cross-functionally throughout the organization to help build a new personalization discipline for marketing efforts. You’ll partner with our Creative Director to build the team and process. This role is part of a larger Creative Services Operations team. Reports to the Director, Creative Services Operations.
- Partner with Creative Director on personalization initiative plans, coming to collaborative agreement on priorities and representing Creative & Design POV to the cross-functional personalization team.
- Lead process governance to breed an agile environment.
- Assess needs, make recommendations and manage expectations.
- Drive sprint planning and lead stand-ups and retrospectives.
- Be a solid voice in prioritization and backlog refinement, and effectively mitigate ad hoc requests.
- Consistently be proactive in removing blockers for creative and technical teams.
- Implement Kanban methodologies to help define appropriate workload/ticketing in sprint efforts.
- Support tech stack set-up, as they pertain to creative, to ensure efficiencies are in place and we’ve optimized speed in creative development.
- Document conversations and decisions to help keep initiative on track and participants aligned.
- Communicate effectively and regularly about personalization efforts to leadership and all team members impacted directly or indirectly.
- Partner with creatives to help strategize on ideas, objectives and goals for individual sprints, defining how they ladder into bigger initiative goal.
- Approach each day as a unique challenge; be mindful, strategic and self-motivated with your daily efforts.
- Enthusiastically lead the team keeping everyone excited and informed.
- Continually refine and communicate processes to the greater Creative and Marketing teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree but will accept adequate experience in lieu of formal education.
- 8+ years of creative & technical industry experience in ecommerce with a minimum of 3 years' experience building solid relationships with cross-functional teams (engineering, web dev, email marketing, product, UX, creative, and cross channel marketers).
- eCommerce marketing experience a must, ideally within or for larger matrixed clients.
- Domain expertise managing digital projects (mobile, email, social media, web site).
- Working knowledge of project management software required (Clarizen and Jira are a plus).
- Experience vetting and setting up a project management system is a big plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and usage of standard project management concepts, practices and procedures.
- Expertise in agile vs. waterfall principles is a must.
- Proven success in employing Kanban methodologies is a plus.
- Experience developing comprehensive schedules and timelines for multiple projects.
- Highly Proficient with MS Office is a must.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, environment where you must take on multiple responsibilities with shifting priorities.
- Proactive problem-solving abilities with a strong innate sense of urgency.
- Able to react quickly and be adaptable to inevitable changes and shifts.
- Ability to influence peers and managers while dealing with ambiguity.
- Strength in advocating for your teams, keeping them heads-down and focused during defined sprints.
- Self-motivated, capable of working with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Discretion in handling confidential materials and issues.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Patience and infectious, positive attitude with a collaborative approach.
- Low ego, balanced with confidence and a healthy sense of personal drive, ambition and ownership.
- A great attitude and flexibility towards business and its ever-changing, sometimes ambiguous nature.
- Strong problem solver/solutions oriented.
- Sense of humor and the ability to have fun doing what you love.